Norton Ghost 2003 does not recognise images stored on a cd..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

If I ghost a computer image to a hard drive as image.gho, and then put this
image.gho onto a CD. Norton ghost will not recognise it. It does not treat
reading a CDRom like it treats reading an image from a Hard disk. So it
would say the CD was not create using Ghost. How do I bypass this problem
and get ghost to treat a CD media image like it does to an image on a
Harddisk???
I don't want ghost to create an image and burn directly to a CD as it is
unreliable because the writer may not keep up, and too much slack space
generate using this method....
How do I get Ghost to recognise a CD and it does to a Hard disk???
11 answers Last reply
More about norton ghost 2003 recognise images stored
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Read the Ghost manual. Burn CD on a lower speed.
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Joe M wrote:
    [...]?
    > I don't want ghost to create an image and burn directly to a CD as it is
    > unreliable because the writer may not keep up, and too much slack space
    > generate using this method....

    If you're having trouble burning CDs reliably, then:

    a) Set the writer to write at a lower speed
    b) Use quality media, but price is not a good guide, unfortunately.
    Verbatim have an excellent reputation.

    I don't know about Ghost, don't use any Norton product.
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    I've burned images using Ghost 2003 to disk, cdr and cdrw and have never had
    a problem either creating the image or restoring it.

    "Joe M" <joematminemandotcom> wrote in message
    If I ghost a computer image to a hard drive as image.gho, and then put this
    image.gho onto a CD. Norton ghost will not recognise it. It does not treat
    reading a CDRom like it treats reading an image from a Hard disk. So it
    would say the CD was not create using Ghost. How do I bypass this problem
    and get ghost to treat a CD media image like it does to an image on a
    Harddisk???
    I don't want ghost to create an image and burn directly to a CD as it is
    unreliable because the writer may not keep up, and too much slack space
    generate using this method....
    How do I get Ghost to recognise a CD and it does to a Hard disk???

    This here is the USA, mister, and in these parts a
    collective noun takes a singular verb. Get with the
    program and stop that silly British English nonsense.

    "Real American" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    >>I don't know about Ghost, don't use any Norton product.
    >>.
    >
    > This here is the USA, mister, and in these parts a
    > collective noun takes a singular verb. Get with the
    > program and stop that silly British English nonsense.

    This here is the internet, buddy and not the USA. Do they teach
    arrogance and self-righteousness in American schools or has it become
    genetically coded into you?

    wrote in message

    >>>I don't know about Ghost, don't use any Norton product.
    >>>.
    >>
    >> This here is the USA, mister, and in these parts a
    >> collective noun takes a singular verb. Get with the
    >> program and stop that silly British English nonsense.
    >
    >This here is the internet, buddy and not the USA. Do they
    teach
    >arrogance and self-righteousness in American schools or
    has it become
    >genetically coded into you?

    Feel free to remove the hook from your mouth any time you
    like.

    wrote in message

    >>>I don't know about Ghost, don't use any Norton product.
    >>>.
    >>
    >> This here is the USA, mister, and in these parts a
    >> collective noun takes a singular verb. Get with the
    >> program and stop that silly British English nonsense.
    >
    >This here is the internet, buddy and not the USA. Do they
    teach
    >arrogance and self-righteousness in American schools or
    has it become
    >genetically coded into you?

    Probably genetic and a vestige of our British ancestry.
    Still, you should prepare for the coming day when our
    Supreme Leader Prince Dubya has his troops marching down
    *your* street. In the words of the immortal Randy Newman,
    "Every city the whole world round/will just be another
    American town." Hallelujah, Praise Jesus, and pass the
    black-eyed peas!!

    "Trve American" <anonymovs@discvssions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> [...]

    I'm hvddled behind my sofa with a 19th centvry mvsket, a bottle of
    port, my pet bvlldog and wearing Union Flag boxer shorts vnder my
    tweed svit in anticipation. I'll die before I spell colovr withovt the
    'v'.
  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Hi there..I am having problems with my internet images being distorted almost
    as if they were like a cartoon image. How can I fix this resolution problem?
    Thank You for any assistance.

    "Joe M" wrote:

    > If I ghost a computer image to a hard drive as image.gho, and then put this
    > image.gho onto a CD. Norton ghost will not recognise it. It does not treat
    > reading a CDRom like it treats reading an image from a Hard disk. So it
    > would say the CD was not create using Ghost. How do I bypass this problem
    > and get ghost to treat a CD media image like it does to an image on a
    > Harddisk???
    > I don't want ghost to create an image and burn directly to a CD as it is
    > unreliable because the writer may not keep up, and too much slack space
    > generate using this method....
    > How do I get Ghost to recognise a CD and it does to a Hard disk???

  10. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Obviously not a Ghost 2003 problem.

    "thomstone0209" <thomstone0209@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le
    message de news: 4A7AE84B-3013-4E1B-9B49-9FB280ED4854@microsoft.com...
    > Hi there..I am having problems with my internet images being distorted
    > almost
    > as if they were like a cartoon image. How can I fix this resolution
    > problem?
    > Thank You for any assistance.
    >
    > "Joe M" wrote:
    >
    >> If I ghost a computer image to a hard drive as image.gho, and then put
    >> this
    >> image.gho onto a CD. Norton ghost will not recognise it. It does not
    >> treat
    >> reading a CDRom like it treats reading an image from a Hard disk. So it
    >> would say the CD was not create using Ghost. How do I bypass this problem
    >> and get ghost to treat a CD media image like it does to an image on a
    >> Harddisk???
    >> I don't want ghost to create an image and burn directly to a CD as it is
    >> unreliable because the writer may not keep up, and too much slack space
    >> generate using this method....
    >> How do I get Ghost to recognise a CD and it does to a Hard disk???

  11. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Hi,

    If you're running a web page viewing accelerator it's probably your
    problem. You can't load pages faster without sacrificing something, in
    this case, your picture quality.

    Jim Self
    AVIATION ANIMATION, the internet's largest depository.
    http://avanimation.avsupport.com

    Your only internet source for spiral staircase plans.
    http://jself.com/stair/Stair.htm

    Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA)
    Technical Counselor

Hardware Norton Microsoft Hard Drives CD-Rom Windows XP Product