Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Norton Ghost 2003 does not recognise images stored on a cd..

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
September 28, 2004 7:47:43 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

If I ghost a computer image to a hard drive as image.gho, and then put this
image.gho onto a CD. Norton ghost will not recognise it. It does not treat
reading a CDRom like it treats reading an image from a Hard disk. So it
would say the CD was not create using Ghost. How do I bypass this problem
and get ghost to treat a CD media image like it does to an image on a
Harddisk???
I don't want ghost to create an image and burn directly to a CD as it is
unreliable because the writer may not keep up, and too much slack space
generate using this method....
How do I get Ghost to recognise a CD and it does to a Hard disk???
Anonymous
September 28, 2004 7:47:44 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Read the Ghost manual. Burn CD on a lower speed.
Anonymous
September 28, 2004 7:47:44 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Joe M wrote:
[...]?
> I don't want ghost to create an image and burn directly to a CD as it is
> unreliable because the writer may not keep up, and too much slack space
> generate using this method....

If you're having trouble burning CDs reliably, then:

a) Set the writer to write at a lower speed
b) Use quality media, but price is not a good guide, unfortunately.
Verbatim have an excellent reputation.

I don't know about Ghost, don't use any Norton product.
Related resources
September 28, 2004 7:47:44 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

I've burned images using Ghost 2003 to disk, cdr and cdrw and have never had
a problem either creating the image or restoring it.

"Joe M" <joematminemandotcom> wrote in message
news:o yZC06RpEHA.3728@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
If I ghost a computer image to a hard drive as image.gho, and then put this
image.gho onto a CD. Norton ghost will not recognise it. It does not treat
reading a CDRom like it treats reading an image from a Hard disk. So it
would say the CD was not create using Ghost. How do I bypass this problem
and get ghost to treat a CD media image like it does to an image on a
Harddisk???
I don't want ghost to create an image and burn directly to a CD as it is
unreliable because the writer may not keep up, and too much slack space
generate using this method....
How do I get Ghost to recognise a CD and it does to a Hard disk???
Anonymous
September 28, 2004 7:47:45 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

>-----Original Message-----
>Joe M wrote:
>[...]?
>> I don't want ghost to create an image and burn directly
to a CD as it is
>> unreliable because the writer may not keep up, and too
much slack space
>> generate using this method....
>
>If you're having trouble burning CDs reliably, then:
>
>a) Set the writer to write at a lower speed
>b) Use quality media, but price is not a good guide,
unfortunately.
>Verbatim have an excellent reputation.
>
>I don't know about Ghost, don't use any Norton product.
>.

This here is the USA, mister, and in these parts a
collective noun takes a singular verb. Get with the
program and stop that silly British English nonsense.
Anonymous
September 28, 2004 9:24:26 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

"Real American" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:2d8001c4a573$823eeac0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
>
>>I don't know about Ghost, don't use any Norton product.
>>.
>
> This here is the USA, mister, and in these parts a
> collective noun takes a singular verb. Get with the
> program and stop that silly British English nonsense.

This here is the internet, buddy and not the USA. Do they teach
arrogance and self-righteousness in American schools or has it become
genetically coded into you?
Anonymous
September 28, 2004 9:24:27 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

>-----Original Message-----
>
>"Real American" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message
>news:2d8001c4a573$823eeac0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
>>
>>>I don't know about Ghost, don't use any Norton product.
>>>.
>>
>> This here is the USA, mister, and in these parts a
>> collective noun takes a singular verb. Get with the
>> program and stop that silly British English nonsense.
>
>This here is the internet, buddy and not the USA. Do they
teach
>arrogance and self-righteousness in American schools or
has it become
>genetically coded into you?
>

Feel free to remove the hook from your mouth any time you
like.
Anonymous
September 28, 2004 9:24:27 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

>-----Original Message-----
>
>"Real American" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message
>news:2d8001c4a573$823eeac0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
>>
>>>I don't know about Ghost, don't use any Norton product.
>>>.
>>
>> This here is the USA, mister, and in these parts a
>> collective noun takes a singular verb. Get with the
>> program and stop that silly British English nonsense.
>
>This here is the internet, buddy and not the USA. Do they
teach
>arrogance and self-righteousness in American schools or
has it become
>genetically coded into you?
>

Probably genetic and a vestige of our British ancestry.
Still, you should prepare for the coming day when our
Supreme Leader Prince Dubya has his troops marching down
*your* street. In the words of the immortal Randy Newman,
"Every city the whole world round/will just be another
American town." Hallelujah, Praise Jesus, and pass the
black-eyed peas!!
Anonymous
September 29, 2004 1:05:14 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

"Trve American" <anonymovs@discvssions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:0e5c01c4a592$9da0dcf0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>
>>"Real American" <anonymovs@discvssions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message
>>news:2d8001c4a573$823eeac0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
>>>
>>>>I don't know abovt Ghost, don't vse any Norton prodvct.
>>>>.
>>>
>>> This here is the USA, mister, and in these parts a
>>> collective novn takes a singvlar verb. Get with the
>>> program and stop that silly British English nonsense.
>>
>>This here is the internet, bvddy and not the USA. Do they
> teach
>>arrogance and self-righteovsness in American schools or
> has it become
>>genetically coded into yov?
>>
>
> Probably genetic and a vestige of ovr British ancestry.
> Still, yov shovld prepare for the coming day when ovr
> Svpreme Leader Prince Dvbya has his troops marching down
> *yovr* street. In the words of the immortal Randy Newman,
> "Every city the whole world rovnd/will jvst be another
> American town." Hallelvjah, Praise Jesvs, and pass the
> black-eyed peas!!

I'm hvddled behind my sofa with a 19th centvry mvsket, a bottle of
port, my pet bvlldog and wearing Union Flag boxer shorts vnder my
tweed svit in anticipation. I'll die before I spell colovr withovt the
'v'.
Anonymous
January 1, 2005 3:29:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Hi there..I am having problems with my internet images being distorted almost
as if they were like a cartoon image. How can I fix this resolution problem?
Thank You for any assistance.

"Joe M" wrote:

> If I ghost a computer image to a hard drive as image.gho, and then put this
> image.gho onto a CD. Norton ghost will not recognise it. It does not treat
> reading a CDRom like it treats reading an image from a Hard disk. So it
> would say the CD was not create using Ghost. How do I bypass this problem
> and get ghost to treat a CD media image like it does to an image on a
> Harddisk???
> I don't want ghost to create an image and burn directly to a CD as it is
> unreliable because the writer may not keep up, and too much slack space
> generate using this method....
> How do I get Ghost to recognise a CD and it does to a Hard disk???
>
>
>
January 1, 2005 6:59:44 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Obviously not a Ghost 2003 problem.

"thomstone0209" <thomstone0209@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le
message de news: 4A7AE84B-3013-4E1B-9B49-9FB280ED4854@microsoft.com...
> Hi there..I am having problems with my internet images being distorted
> almost
> as if they were like a cartoon image. How can I fix this resolution
> problem?
> Thank You for any assistance.
>
> "Joe M" wrote:
>
>> If I ghost a computer image to a hard drive as image.gho, and then put
>> this
>> image.gho onto a CD. Norton ghost will not recognise it. It does not
>> treat
>> reading a CDRom like it treats reading an image from a Hard disk. So it
>> would say the CD was not create using Ghost. How do I bypass this problem
>> and get ghost to treat a CD media image like it does to an image on a
>> Harddisk???
>> I don't want ghost to create an image and burn directly to a CD as it is
>> unreliable because the writer may not keep up, and too much slack space
>> generate using this method....
>> How do I get Ghost to recognise a CD and it does to a Hard disk???
>>
>>
>>
Anonymous
January 2, 2005 4:55:39 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Hi,

If you're running a web page viewing accelerator it's probably your
problem. You can't load pages faster without sacrificing something, in
this case, your picture quality.


---==X={}=X==---


Jim Self
AVIATION ANIMATION, the internet's largest depository.
http://avanimation.avsupport.com

Your only internet source for spiral staircase plans.
http://jself.com/stair/Stair.htm

Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA)
Technical Counselor
!