can't open word document

September 28, 2004 4:26:35 AM

When word document arrives in e mail I keep getting an
error message and my computer will not open it.I have
tried to re install works 2000 again and the problem is
still there.My computer is millenium 2000.
Thanks gary.

More about : open word document

Anonymous
September 28, 2004 9:49:00 PM

"gary431" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When word document arrives in e mail I keep getting an
> error message and my computer will not open it.I have
> tried to re install works 2000 again and the problem is
> still there.My computer is millenium 2000.
> Thanks gary.

Mmm . . . This is a hardware group - consider reposting
your question in an MS Office group.
Anonymous
September 28, 2004 9:49:01 PM

if you are running msoutlook, try this:
tools-->options and pick the security tab-->uncheck
the "do not allow attachements to be saved or opened that
could potentially be a virus" --> click apply and OK and
try again.
i've had that problem in past and i hope this solution
works for you. good luck!

Anonymous
September 29, 2004 2:47:13 AM

Can you open Word doc's in Works??