can't open word document

When word document arrives in e mail I keep getting an
error message and my computer will not open it.I have
tried to re install works 2000 again and the problem is
still there.My computer is millenium 2000.
Thanks gary.
3 answers Last reply
More about open word document

    "gary431" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When word document arrives in e mail I keep getting an
    > error message and my computer will not open it.I have
    > tried to re install works 2000 again and the problem is
    > still there.My computer is millenium 2000.
    > Thanks gary.

    Mmm . . . This is a hardware group - consider reposting
    your question in an MS Office group.

    if you are running msoutlook, try this:
    tools-->options and pick the security tab-->uncheck
    the "do not allow attachements to be saved or opened that
    could potentially be a virus" --> click apply and OK and
    try again.
    i've had that problem in past and i hope this solution
    works for you. good luck!

    Can you open Word doc's in Works??

    --
    Tumppi
    Reply to group

    "gary431" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> kirjoitti viestissä
    > When word document arrives in e mail I keep getting an
    > error message and my computer will not open it.I have
    > tried to re install works 2000 again and the problem is
    > still there.My computer is millenium 2000.
    > Thanks gary.

Document Microsoft Computers Windows XP