XP rerroneously reports a Drive type in "My Computer"

I removed an ailing Iomega Zip Drive from my WinXP Home
Edition computer, and replaced it with CD-RW. When I
open "My Computer" the new CD-RW is still being
called, "Iomega Zip (D)" I have uninstalled the CD-RW
drive several times hoping it would properly rename the
drive "CD-RW (D)." (the system does load the correct
drivers, etc. It is just annoying!) I added SP2 about a
Month ago. Hoped it might be the cure ... nothing
changed. Is there a way to fix this?, without having to
do YET another clean install. Any help would be
appreciated!!

Rt click and rename it to whatever you like.

r.