installation of HDD

I am in the process of installing XP on a new computer.
During the install, I get a "cannot find HDD" error. My
BIOS is up to date and detects all devices: floppy, 80 gig
HDD and dvd. What gives ???? Yet the software doesn't
pick up the HDD during install.....

"Bruno G." <Process227@aol.com> wrote in message
> I am in the process of installing XP on a new computer.
> During the install, I get a "cannot find HDD" error. My
> BIOS is up to date and detects all devices: floppy, 80 gig
> HDD and dvd. What gives ???? Yet the software doesn't
> pick up the HDD during install.....

How is the HDD attached to the computer?

IDE or SATA or SCSI?

What brand and model of motherboard?

Rich C.
--
For a limited time get FREE HELP for your PC at
The PC Help Network