Installing a Speedtouch 330 USB broadband modem

I run a Shuttle FN45 on XP Home and up until now have had
no problems with new USB devices. When I install the 330
modem disc I get "Install Program for Windows 2000
drivers has encountered a problem". The lovely people at
Wanadoo deny any responsibility. I've looked everywhere
and can find no reference to the problem. Can anyone help
as I'm running out of options! Thanks in advance.
5 answers Last reply
More about installing speedtouch broadband modem

    This website might be of interest to you..

    http://www.speedtouch.com/supfaq330R2.htm

    "Mark Collyer" <mark_collyer@onetel.com> wrote in message
    >I run a Shuttle FN45 on XP Home and up until now have had
    > no problems with new USB devices. When I install the 330
    > modem disc I get "Install Program for Windows 2000
    > drivers has encountered a problem". The lovely people at
    > Wanadoo deny any responsibility. I've looked everywhere
    > and can find no reference to the problem. Can anyone help
    > as I'm running out of options! Thanks in advance.

    Thanks - had already trawled the speedtouch website but
    not seen this page.... still no joy though! Awaiting
    feedback from Shuttle support as I saw another posting
    elsewhere for Packard Bell pc with same problem and a new
    driver.

    When in the UK, I used an Alacatel Speedtouch,, a cute green thing.. to use
    with XP, one had to load software from the cd because there are files
    located there that are not included in the downloadable XP driver..
    installing the XP driver would then update the installation and all would be
    well.. bear in mind that this was three years ago, and things may have
    changed now.. then again..

    Mike H

    > Thanks - had already trawled the speedtouch website but
    > not seen this page.... still no joy though! Awaiting
    > feedback from Shuttle support as I saw another posting
    > elsewhere for Packard Bell pc with same problem and a new
    > driver.

    I've given up and gone for an ethernet connected modem!
    Problem is apparently down to compatability issue of
    nvidia nforce2 card and certain USB modems. No party
    accepts the blame and nobody wanted to help - cheaper in
    the end to spend £50 on a new modem :-((

    Thanks for all your help.

    A great pity, because the Speedtouch is a good usb modem.. a classic case of
    bad program writing that is NOT down to Microsoft XP or SP2.. maybe somebody
    will come up with a fix eventually..

    I've given up and gone for an ethernet connected modem!
    Problem is apparently down to compatability issue of
    nvidia nforce2 card and certain USB modems. No party
    accepts the blame and nobody wanted to help - cheaper in
    the end to spend £50 on a new modem :-((

    Thanks for all your help.

Windows XP