Sound Card drivers

I have just reinstalled xp on a new hard drive, however i
don't have the driver for my avance sound card.Where do
find a driver and how do i install it(for free!)?

Your help would be appreciated

Barry Harrison wrote:
> I have just reinstalled xp on a new hard drive, however i
> don't have the driver for my avance sound card.Where do
> find a driver and how do i install it(for free!)?
>
> Your help would be appreciated

The manufacturer's web page?
driverguide.com? (drivers/all)

You must know what sound card you have. Look on your receipt/invoice for
the computer - ask the people you bought the system from, open it up and
look, etc.

There are applications out there that can identify what hardware you have,
but I think they all depend on a properly installed system - as I think they
pull the information from the registry. Perhaps they do not - so I will
recommend you try two different ones:

EVEREST Home Edition
http://www.lavalys.com/products/download.php?pid=1&lang=en&pageid=3

Belarc Advisor
http://belarc.com/free_download.html

Once you know what you have, what next? Go get the latest driver for your
hardware/OS from the manufacturer's web page. For example, let's say you
have an NVidia chipset video card or ATI video card, perhaps a Creative
Labs sound card or C-Media chipset sound card...

NVidia Video Card Drivers

ATI Video Card Drivers
http://www.atitech.com/support/driver.html

Creative Labs Sound Device
http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/

C-Media Sound Device
http://www.cmedia.com.tw/e_download_01.htm

Good luck!

--
<- Shenan ->

Hello

Well try driverguide.com, also you need to find out who
makes your soundcard and go to the mfg website for your drivers.

Alvin

Barry Harrison wrote:

> I have just reinstalled xp on a new hard drive, however i
> don't have the driver for my avance sound card.Where do
> find a driver and how do i install it(for free!)?
>
> Your help would be appreciated

should have an xp driver avail to update. Probably
avance.com and then look for a support section or drivers
section on thier website.