Printer for CD-ROM labels

JC

Hi,

I am looking for a simple, low cost colour printer, with appropriate Win XP
software, to print CD-ROM labels. Unfortunately, my i990 won't do this.

Any leads?

JC

In article <st6ac0pkpodb9a8m9vcn8790cnjgqv5csr@4ax.com>,
jhoppyc@westnet.com.invalid (JC) wrote:

> I am looking for a simple, low cost colour printer, with appropriate
> Win XP software, to print CD-ROM labels. Unfortunately, my i990 won't do
> this.

I've never come across a printer that won't print CD labels! Unless you
mean you want to print directly onto CD-Rs?

Jon.

JC wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a simple, low cost colour printer, with appropriate
> Win XP software, to print CD-ROM labels. Unfortunately, my i990
> won't do this.
>
> Any leads?
>
> JC

Not quite sure what you mean. /Any/ printer can print CD labels - I could
even do it with my ancient Epson SC! Please explain more. Yes, it's true
that the i990 won't print directly on CDs (its big brother, the i9900/i9950,
will). Is that what you meant? You don't require a printer with direct CD
printing capabilities to print /labels/!

Ron

"JC" <jhoppyc@westnet.com.invalid> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a simple, low cost colour printer, with appropriate Win
XP
> software, to print CD-ROM labels. Unfortunately, my i990 won't do this.
>
> Any leads?
>
> JC

Obviously, you mean direct surface printing of CD/DVD media since almost any
pack of blank CD labels include the software to print them out. If you're a
Canon fan, I've got bad news for you. Canon is STILL dragging its feet on
putting out a CD/DVD media capable printer. Why? Maybe the movie and music
industry is paying them to keep these off the market. Epson, OTOH, seems to
think we should have the right to print our own custom labels directly on
the media(for a professional look, not to mention avoiding the potential for
a "sticky" to "unstick"). They support this right by making the R-300;
R-300M; and some others. The nerve of Epson in trying to protect our
rights... ; )

Ron

Actually, Canon produces direct CD print machines but does not sell them in
North America.

DO a search for the CANON i965 printer.

Check it out.

I believe there is some legal issue

: Obviously, you mean direct surface printing of CD/DVD media since almost
any
: pack of blank CD labels include the software to print them out. If you're
: Canon fan, I've got bad news for you. Canon is STILL dragging its feet on
: putting out a CD/DVD media capable printer. Why? Maybe the movie and music
: industry is paying them to keep these off the market. Epson, OTOH, seems
: think we should have the right to print our own custom labels directly on
: the media(for a professional look, not to mention avoiding the potential
for
: a "sticky" to "unstick"). They support this right by making the R-300;
: R-300M; and some others. The nerve of Epson in trying to protect our
: rights... ; )
:
: Ron
:
:

JC

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 07:42:36 +0100, "Miss Perspicacia Tick"
<misstick@lancre.dw> wrote:

> JC wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am looking for a simple, low cost colour printer, with appropriate
> > Win XP software, to print CD-ROM labels. Unfortunately, my i990
> > won't do this.
> >
> > Any leads?
> >
> > JC
>
> Not quite sure what you mean. /Any/ printer can print CD labels - I could
> even do it with my ancient Epson SC! Please explain more. Yes, it's true
> that the i990 won't print directly on CDs (its big brother, the i9900/i9950,
> will). Is that what you meant? You don't require a printer with direct CD
> printing capabilities to print /labels/!

Yes, I wasn't all that clear.

I want a standalone printer that will print in colour directly on CDs and
DVDs. I will use the i990 for most printing jobs.

In the UK the Canon i865 does the job perfectly. See if there is same in
your country
Regards
Stick
> On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 07:42:36 +0100, "Miss Perspicacia Tick"
> <misstick@lancre.dw> wrote:
>
> > JC wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am looking for a simple, low cost colour printer, with appropriate
> > > Win XP software, to print CD-ROM labels. Unfortunately, my i990
> > > won't do this.
> > >
> > > Any leads?
> > >
> > > JC
> >
> > Not quite sure what you mean. /Any/ printer can print CD labels - I
could
> > even do it with my ancient Epson SC! Please explain more. Yes, it's true
> > that the i990 won't print directly on CDs (its big brother, the
i9900/i9950,
> > will). Is that what you meant? You don't require a printer with direct
CD
> > printing capabilities to print /labels/!
> >

> Yes, I wasn't all that clear.
>
> I want a standalone printer that will print in colour directly on CDs and
> DVDs. I will use the i990 for most printing jobs.

I use an Epson Stylus Photo R200; it does a great job of printing directly
on printable CDs and DVDs.

--irv segal
iceeagle.spammenot@comcast.net