L7S7A2 and AMD 2700+

I bought a L7S7A2 Motherboard and an AMD 2700+ XP
http://www.ecsusa.com/products/l7s7a2.html. I updated the Bios to the latest
rev from ECS's website.

When the machine boots and starts to post, it only sees the CPU as an AMD
2100+ XP

The system bios are pretty much set to default settings. Has anyone else
had similar issues, is there any thing I can change to have the motherboard
see the CPU as a 2700+

System configuration:

GeForce FX440 128 Meg

256 2700 DDR 333 Ram

40 Gigs HDD

2 CDRom Drives

300W power supply

On board sound, onboard LAN

Thank you in advance

Roland

tonys

change the buss speed from 133 to 166

On Sun, 23 May 2004 12:28:20 -0700, "tonys" <aarcuda@lvcm.com.spam>
wrote:

>change the buss speed from 133 to 166

Or higher (195 or maybe more with a Cheepoman bios)
--

Julian Richards
computer "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk

XP Home
L7S7A2 motherboard
Powercolor 9800 SE 8 pipelines 438/364 with Omega drivers
1 GB RAM
10 GB + 80 GB HDs
CD+DVD/CDRW drives

I purchased the exact same combo on Ebay and my BIOS is doing the same
thing - AMD XP 2100+ at 1.73 GHz. In the advanced chipset features
you can change the bus to 166 MHz. I did this and the boot screen
has the processor identified correctly as AMD XP 2700+, but I never
get past the Windows XP splash screen and a blue screen fatal error
occurs. I read in another forum that the ECS mainboard is unstable
at 166 and you should set it at 167. I tried this and got to the
Windows log on screen and then the computer re-starts by itself and I
get the blue screen on the re-boot. I have tried other bus settings,
higher and lower, but the same fatal error. I am contacting ECS and
will keep you posted. Maybe if we put our heads together we can
figure it out. Good luck.

Doug Hinchliffe

I reformatted the hard drive and installed XP professional from
scratch. Now the computer will not even go to the BIOS screen when
turned with the XP 2700+. I had to install my old Duron 1 GHz
processor in the board just to have a computer to use. I am thinking
of updating the BIOS but I cannot find the BIOS upgrade for this
board on the ECS site. They list L7S7A upgrade, but not L7S7A2.