Temp Sensors in Linux on K7S5A?

Anyone running SuSE Linux 9.0 or 9.1 on a K7S5A? I can't figure out if
there is any way to monitor the CPU/Case temps. within Linux.

Thanks in advance...
--
Kirbalo...

K7S5A Pro, Athlon XP 1600+
1 Gig DDR, 120 GB, nVidia GeForce 4 MX 440
SuSE Linux 9.0 Pro

sue

kirbalo wrote:

> Anyone running SuSE Linux 9.0 or 9.1 on a K7S5A? I can't figure out if
> there is any way to monitor the CPU/Case temps. within Linux.
>
> Thanks in advance...

lm sensors works with this board. http://secure.netroedge.com/~lm78/ You
will need an additional program to actually monitor temps, such as GKrellm.
I use debian myself and can't help with the particulars on a SUSE install.

In article <_MmdnVmJNNEA8i7d4p2dnA@comcast.com>, kirbalo
<kirbalo@nospam.com> writes

>Anyone running SuSE Linux 9.0 or 9.1 on a K7S5A? I can't figure out if
>there is any way to monitor the CPU/Case temps. within Linux.

lm_sensors works fine. If you google, you'll find some suggestions for
what to put in /etc/sensors.conf.

--
A. Top posters.

Mike Tomlinson wrote:

> In article <_MmdnVmJNNEA8i7d4p2dnA@comcast.com>, kirbalo
> <kirbalo@nospam.com> writes
>
>>Anyone running SuSE Linux 9.0 or 9.1 on a K7S5A? I can't figure out if
>>there is any way to monitor the CPU/Case temps. within Linux.
>
> lm_sensors works fine. If you google, you'll find some suggestions for
> what to put in /etc/sensors.conf.

Thanks for the suggestion. I should have "Googled" first...

--
Kirbalo...

K7S5A Pro, Athlon XP 1600+
1 Gig DDR, 120 GB, nVidia GeForce 4 MX 440
SuSE Linux 9.0 Pro & XP Pro Dual Boot

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

kirbalo wrote:

> Anyone running SuSE Linux 9.0 or 9.1 on a K7S5A? I can't figure out if
> there is any way to monitor the CPU/Case temps. within Linux.
>
> Thanks in advance...

lm_sensors in conjunction with Gkrellm works fine for me using Mandrake.

Take a look at these URL's for detailed guidance:

http://www.mandrakeusers.org/index.php?showtopic=2673

http://www.organix.tv/manuals/linux-HOWTO/K7s5a-HOWTO.txt
--
regards