David

Having recently and seemingly painlessly installed SP2 on
my Sony Vaio FX503 Notebook, I have noticed my Matshita
UJDA 720 DVD CD-RW no longer writes, only reads, and my
batteries will not charge above 76% (from new)!!!
If any one has any clues, please let me know.
Many thanks,
David
UK

David;
Start with the laptop manufacturer and see what they have to say.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"David" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Having recently and seemingly painlessly installed SP2 on
> my Sony Vaio FX503 Notebook, I have noticed my Matshita
> UJDA 720 DVD CD-RW no longer writes, only reads, and my
> batteries will not charge above 76% (from new)!!!
> If any one has any clues, please let me know.
> Many thanks,
> David
> UK

David

There's nothing on Sony's website unfortunately.

David;
Then you should contact them directly.
You may just need to load the latest Windows XP drivers for the
battery and reinstall the CD-RW software.
You could uninstall SP-2, but it would be best if you determine if
there is an easier solution first.

--

> There's nothing on Sony's website unfortunately.

>>> UK

opa

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2004

I had similar problems with an older model 709, but could download the
drivers (batteries) for Windows 2000 and that worked well with WinXP.

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> schreef in bericht
> David;
> Then you should contact them directly.
> You may just need to load the latest Windows XP drivers for the battery
> and reinstall the CD-RW software.
> You could uninstall SP-2, but it would be best if you determine if there
> is an easier solution first.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
>

> "David" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> There's nothing on Sony's website unfortunately.

dl

Sony, being there usual helpfull self, will probably suggest sys recovery to
origonal settings.

> David;
> Then you should contact them directly.
> You may just need to load the latest Windows XP drivers for the
> battery and reinstall the CD-RW software.
> You could uninstall SP-2, but it would be best if you determine if
> there is an easier solution first.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
>

> "David" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > There's nothing on Sony's website unfortunately.

David

Thanks everyone for your replies. I have even been onto
Microsoft and the download they sent me did not work
either. I have discovered the burner will work via
Windows Media Player, but not any other way. EG: when I
right click a file, send to, and pick E drive (CD in this
case) it gets to the point of offering me to actually
burn the file to CD from the browser. When I select this
option it comes back with a dialogue box stating that the
CD is read only.
The drivers appear ok and XP cannot find any updates.
Got me guessing now.
Regards,
David