USB 2.0 ON AN L7S7A2 with WIN98FE

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

hi guys
put a new board in as above, works fine put on checking the usb properties
it does not show enhanced, been to usbman but only mentions 95 or me/xp
..should i remove the drivers and try to reinstall the sis ones?as my setup
disk for the board does not play properly so got the drivers of the ecs
site.TIA John

---

John,

I don't think you will find USB2.0 motherboard support for Win98FE or
SE. I have the same board and there are no USB2.0 drivers available.
Only for ME/2000/XP. Very few motherboard makers have support for
Win98FE or even SE. Must be a gimick to get you to upgrade. Most USB2.0
devices are backwards compatible to USB1.1 anyway.

John wrote:
> hi guys
> put a new board in as above, works fine put on checking the usb properties
> it does not show enhanced, been to usbman but only mentions 95 or me/xp
> .should i remove the drivers and try to reinstall the sis ones?as my setup
> disk for the board does not play properly so got the drivers of the ecs
> site.TIA John
>

> ---

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 19:53:11 +0100, "John" <j.brown31not hereno
spam@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>put a new board in as above, works fine put on checking the usb properties
>it does not show enhanced, been to usbman but only mentions 95 or me/xp
>.should i remove the drivers and try to reinstall the sis ones?as my setup
>disk for the board does not play properly so got the drivers of the ecs
>site.TIA John

Anything on the mb should use the drivers on the CD or supplied by ECS
for that mb. Windows won't recognise it properly. The only exception
in my experience is the hard disk or IDE drivers. Don't use the
drivers on the CD or supplied by ECS, let Windows recognise the IDE
controller. Otherwise the computer runs really slowly.

Sig:
I have a brain the size of a planet. It's not much good to me, however. It's on a different planet.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

thxs for ur help,however i have tried most things ,but my system will not
pick up the drivers of the cd i think the cd is corrupted have looked on the
site and e-mailed ecs but no joy,why bring out a board that supports usb 2.0
but no support for it!!!!
thxs again
john
"Rotes Sapiens" <rs@redplanet.mars.org.cy> wrote in message
> On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 19:53:11 +0100, "John" <j.brown31not hereno
> spam@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>

> >put a new board in as above, works fine put on checking the usb
properties
> >it does not show enhanced, been to usbman but only mentions 95 or me/xp
> >.should i remove the drivers and try to reinstall the sis ones?as my
setup
> >disk for the board does not play properly so got the drivers of the ecs
> >site.TIA John
>
> Anything on the mb should use the drivers on the CD or supplied by ECS
> for that mb. Windows won't recognise it properly. The only exception
> in my experience is the hard disk or IDE drivers. Don't use the
> drivers on the CD or supplied by ECS, let Windows recognise the IDE
> controller. Otherwise the computer runs really slowly.
>

> Sig:
> I have a brain the size of a planet. It's not much good to me, however.
It's on a different planet.

---

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 11:52:50 GMT, Sim Young <sim2sim@ix.netcom.com>
wrote:

Also in most computers the USB ports on the front of the computer are
USB 1.1. The ones on the back are USB 2.0. So if he needs to use the
USB ports on the front of the computer, he might not get USB 2.0 speed
anyway.