Max drive on K7S5A

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
June 8, 2004 1:56:22 AM

Anyone know what the maximum drive that can be run on a K7S5A board? TIA

More about : max drive k7s5a

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 8, 2004 9:13:29 AM

Which K7S5A do you have, version 3 or Pro or other ?
Do you know the date of your bios version ?
Up to a 137GB should be workable on any K7S5A
The K7S5A PRO with latest bios update (8/25/2003) should work with up to a
160GB.

"KookaLuke" <wireball@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Anyone know what the maximum drive that can be run on a K7S5A board? TIA

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 8, 2004 9:30:16 AM

120 gigs is the max with the on board IDE controller. If you use a PCI
IDE card, there is no limit. If you have a K7S5A Pro, there is also no
limitation.

KookaLuke (wireball@comcast.net) wrote:
: Anyone know what the maximum drive that can be run on a K7S5A board? TIA
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 8, 2004 10:53:09 AM

"KookaLuke" <wireball@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<s62dnX1HXN0ggVjdRVn-tA@comcast.com>...

> Anyone know what the maximum drive that can be run on a K7S5A board?

137GB, but www.48bitlba.com/hdinfo.htm has a utility, HDinfo, that can
tell you if a mobo supports 48-bit LBA or not.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 8, 2004 11:31:40 AM

"KookaLuke" <wireball@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<s62dnX1HXN0ggVjdRVn-tA@comcast.com>...

> Anyone know what the maximum drive that can be run on a K7S5A board?

I made a mistake in my previous reply. You want a program from Intel
called 48LBACHK.EXE to check your BIOS HD capacity:

http://support.intel.com/support/chipsets/iaa/sb/CS-009...

ftp://download.intel.com/support/chipsets/iaa/48lbachk....
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 16, 2004 8:23:59 PM

"Tod" <no_spam_me@comcast.net> wrote in message

> The K7S5A PRO with latest bios update (8/25/2003) should work with up to a
> 160GB.

So far it can't see my new 80GB Western Digital, I'm
having to use an overlay that WinXP doesn't seem to like.
Xeno
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 30, 2004 6:50:52 PM

It really sounds like a BIOS problem.
I have a K7S5a 3.1 and I use a Maxtor 120GB HDD. The mb and BIOS recognized
the HDD with no problem.
I use the HoneyX 1209 BIOS.
Try looking up a HoneyX BIOS here:
http://www.geocities.com/honeymoon36/bios.html