Max drive on K7S5A

Anyone know what the maximum drive that can be run on a K7S5A board? TIA
6 answers Last reply
More about drive k7s5a
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    Which K7S5A do you have, version 3 or Pro or other ?
    Do you know the date of your bios version ?
    Up to a 137GB should be workable on any K7S5A
    The K7S5A PRO with latest bios update (8/25/2003) should work with up to a
    160GB.

    "KookaLuke" <wireball@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Anyone know what the maximum drive that can be run on a K7S5A board? TIA

  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    120 gigs is the max with the on board IDE controller. If you use a PCI
    IDE card, there is no limit. If you have a K7S5A Pro, there is also no
    limitation.

    KookaLuke (wireball@comcast.net) wrote:
    : Anyone know what the maximum drive that can be run on a K7S5A board? TIA
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    "KookaLuke" <wireball@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<s62dnX1HXN0ggVjdRVn-tA@comcast.com>...

    > Anyone know what the maximum drive that can be run on a K7S5A board?

    137GB, but www.48bitlba.com/hdinfo.htm has a utility, HDinfo, that can
    tell you if a mobo supports 48-bit LBA or not.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    "KookaLuke" <wireball@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<s62dnX1HXN0ggVjdRVn-tA@comcast.com>...

    > Anyone know what the maximum drive that can be run on a K7S5A board?

    I made a mistake in my previous reply. You want a program from Intel
    called 48LBACHK.EXE to check your BIOS HD capacity:

    http://support.intel.com/support/chipsets/iaa/sb/CS-009302.htm

    ftp://download.intel.com/support/chipsets/iaa/48lbachk.exe
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    "Tod" <no_spam_me@comcast.net> wrote in message

    > The K7S5A PRO with latest bios update (8/25/2003) should work with up to a
    > 160GB.

    So far it can't see my new 80GB Western Digital, I'm
    having to use an overlay that WinXP doesn't seem to like.
    Xeno
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    It really sounds like a BIOS problem.
    I have a K7S5a 3.1 and I use a Maxtor 120GB HDD. The mb and BIOS recognized
    the HDD with no problem.
    I use the HoneyX 1209 BIOS.
    Try looking up a HoneyX BIOS here:
    http://www.geocities.com/honeymoon36/bios.html

    "Xeno Chauvin" <arfulbrank@houston.rr.com> wrote in message

    > "Tod" <no_spam_me@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >
    > > The K7S5A PRO with latest bios update (8/25/2003) should work with up to
    > > 160GB.
    >
    > So far it can't see my new 80GB Western Digital, I'm
    > having to use an overlay that WinXP doesn't seem to like.
    > Xeno

Elitegroup Motherboards