Video Card Crashes

When ever i'm playing games all things would be going smoothly, then all of a
sudden my screen would go black then turn back on and a error message would
say that my videocard was unable to recover from resetting or something like
that. I have a Radeon 9200 with the latest drivers etc

Try installing the Omega drivers from www.omegadrivers.net

You will want to uninstall the ATI drivers you have installed right now
before installing those though. These drivers are optimized for better
image quality as well as better performance. It disables Fast Writes
which doesn't actually help performance much but really makes things
unstable. This is enabled by default on ATI's drivers and causes a lot
of problems with different systems.

----
Nathan McNulty

Monkor183 wrote:
> When ever i'm playing games all things would be going smoothly, then all of a
> sudden my screen would go black then turn back on and a error message would
> say that my videocard was unable to recover from resetting or something like
> that. I have a Radeon 9200 with the latest drivers etc

Nah sorry, i did that and games still keep crashing. Would it be my Videocard
in general?

"Nathan McNulty" wrote:

> Try installing the Omega drivers from www.omegadrivers.net
>
> You will want to uninstall the ATI drivers you have installed right now
> before installing those though. These drivers are optimized for better
> image quality as well as better performance. It disables Fast Writes
> which doesn't actually help performance much but really makes things
> unstable. This is enabled by default on ATI's drivers and causes a lot
> of problems with different systems.
>
> ----
> Nathan McNulty
>

> Monkor183 wrote:
> > When ever i'm playing games all things would be going smoothly, then all of a
> > sudden my screen would go black then turn back on and a error message would
> > say that my videocard was unable to recover from resetting or something like
> > that. I have a Radeon 9200 with the latest drivers etc

It could be various things. You may want to try a BIOS update for your
motherboard. You may want to check the heat inside your computer and
make sure it isn't that. Also, try the video card at AGP 2x and AGP 4x
and see if you notice a difference (other than performance) :)

----
Nathan McNulty

Monkor183 wrote:
> Nah sorry, i did that and games still keep crashing. Would it be my Videocard
> in general?
>
> "Nathan McNulty" wrote:
>

>>Try installing the Omega drivers from www.omegadrivers.net
>>
>>You will want to uninstall the ATI drivers you have installed right now
>>before installing those though. These drivers are optimized for better
>>image quality as well as better performance. It disables Fast Writes
>>which doesn't actually help performance much but really makes things
>>unstable. This is enabled by default on ATI's drivers and causes a lot
>>of problems with different systems.
>>
>>----
>>Nathan McNulty
>>

>>Monkor183 wrote:
>>
>>>When ever i'm playing games all things would be going smoothly, then all of a
>>>sudden my screen would go black then turn back on and a error message would
>>>say that my videocard was unable to recover from resetting or something like
>>>that. I have a Radeon 9200 with the latest drivers etc

What motherboard do you have?

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"Monkor183" <Monkor183@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When ever i'm playing games all things would be going smoothly, then all
> of a
> sudden my screen would go black then turn back on and a error message
> would
> say that my videocard was unable to recover from resetting or something
> like
> that. I have a Radeon 9200 with the latest drivers etc

Wolf

I've been having the same problem while editing photos. Video disappears and
monitor gpes on standby, while system is frozen.

I have an ECS mobo, L7VTA2 with AMD +2600
VIA KT400 and Radeon 9200

I've tried different drivers to no avail.

Any assistance most appreciated.