Trouble With Video Card on K7S5A Pro board

Problems With AGP Driver and K7S5A Pro
Just installed K7S5A Pro with Athlon 2400+ and 256megs of PC2700 DDR,
ATI 9600SE, Seagate 80gig Barracuda, Windows 2000.

Installation went fine, however I cannot get the video card to work
properly, it is and will function only in vga mode....

Everytime I try to install the catalyst drivers, they won't install
because they need at least Windows basic VGA drivers.

I've installed the SiS AGP driver as the notes suggested, which was
strange to me....going to what was called the PCI to PCI bridge, and
installing the SiS driver or renaming the bridge as the notes called
it, did absolutely nothing to change the video status.

I've installed and uninstalled the SiS driver, all to no avail. I've
dowloaded the driver from ECS...ahh its the same one thats on my MOBO
driver CD.

Also, I've enable windows to use the standard video driver (16 colors
800 x 600) but still the catalyst drivers will not install, the
installation keeps suggesting they will install if I at l at least
have the standard vga, well its in standard vga.

Also, even manually pointing to the driver does not work.

Can someone please make a suggestion??
5 answers Last reply
More about trouble video card k7s5a board
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    Did you try booting in safe mode to change your vid card driver to vga
    or pci/vga?

    --
    Best regards,
    Kyle
    "therocker" <fiestaman2@comcast.net> wrote in message
    | Problems With AGP Driver and K7S5A Pro
    | --------------------------------------------------------------------
    ------------
    | Just installed K7S5A Pro with Athlon 2400+ and 256megs of PC2700
    DDR,
    | ATI 9600SE, Seagate 80gig Barracuda, Windows 2000.
    |
    | Installation went fine, however I cannot get the video card to work
    | properly, it is and will function only in vga mode....
    |
    | Everytime I try to install the catalyst drivers, they won't install
    | because they need at least Windows basic VGA drivers.
    |
    | I've installed the SiS AGP driver as the notes suggested, which was
    | strange to me....going to what was called the PCI to PCI bridge, and
    | installing the SiS driver or renaming the bridge as the notes called
    | it, did absolutely nothing to change the video status.
    |
    | I've installed and uninstalled the SiS driver, all to no avail. I've
    | dowloaded the driver from ECS...ahh its the same one thats on my
    MOBO
    | driver CD.
    |
    | Also, I've enable windows to use the standard video driver (16
    colors
    | 800 x 600) but still the catalyst drivers will not install, the
    | installation keeps suggesting they will install if I at l at least
    | have the standard vga, well its in standard vga.
    |
    | Also, even manually pointing to the driver does not work.
    |
    | Can someone please make a suggestion??
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    "therocker" <fiestaman2@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Problems With AGP Driver and K7S5A Pro
    ------
    > Just installed K7S5A Pro with Athlon 2400+ and 256megs of PC2700 DDR,
    > ATI 9600SE, Seagate 80gig Barracuda, Windows 2000.
    >
    > Installation went fine, however I cannot get the video card to work
    > properly, it is and will function only in vga mode....

    ATI Video Drivers... **SHUDDER**
    Somebody once suggested ATI stood for 'A Terrible Idea', and having
    suffered at the hands of their attempts at writing divers I'm inclined to
    agree.

    > Can someone please make a suggestion??

    I could, but you wouldn't like it.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    "therocker" <fiestaman2@comcast.net> wrote in message

    " Can someone please make a suggestion?? "

    Try this: http://www.driverheaven.net/cleaner/
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    > Everytime I try to install the catalyst drivers, they won't install
    > because they need at least Windows basic VGA drivers.
    >
    > I've installed the SiS AGP driver as the notes suggested, which was
    > strange to me....going to what was called the PCI to PCI bridge, and
    > installing the SiS driver or renaming the bridge as the notes called
    > it, did absolutely nothing to change the video status.
    >
    > I've installed and uninstalled the SiS driver, all to no avail. I've
    > dowloaded the driver from ECS...ahh its the same one thats on my MOBO
    > driver CD.
    >
    > Also, I've enable windows to use the standard video driver (16 colors
    > 800 x 600) but still the catalyst drivers will not install, the
    > installation keeps suggesting they will install if I at l at least
    > have the standard vga, well its in standard vga.
    >
    > Also, even manually pointing to the driver does not work.
    >
    > Can someone please make a suggestion??

    I have read of this error. If you look at the forums at
    HTTP://Rage3d.com

    It was a very strange permission problem not allowing the installation of
    new drivers. Have to edit the registry to fix. I wonder if you logged on as
    Administrator would fix?
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    Make sure your mobo is not the version with onboard video, if it is disable
    it in the BIOS, then install your new video card, make sure its sitting
    tight and correctly, then fire up the system. If that doesnt help, try that
    video card on another unit if you have access to one.

    Hope this helps.
    The Tech Support Guy

    www.ComputerRelative.com

    "therocker" <fiestaman2@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Problems With AGP Driver and K7S5A Pro
    ------
    > Just installed K7S5A Pro with Athlon 2400+ and 256megs of PC2700 DDR,
    > ATI 9600SE, Seagate 80gig Barracuda, Windows 2000.
    >
    > Installation went fine, however I cannot get the video card to work
    > properly, it is and will function only in vga mode....
    >
    > Everytime I try to install the catalyst drivers, they won't install
    > because they need at least Windows basic VGA drivers.
    >
    > I've installed the SiS AGP driver as the notes suggested, which was
    > strange to me....going to what was called the PCI to PCI bridge, and
    > installing the SiS driver or renaming the bridge as the notes called
    > it, did absolutely nothing to change the video status.
    >
    > I've installed and uninstalled the SiS driver, all to no avail. I've
    > dowloaded the driver from ECS...ahh its the same one thats on my MOBO
    > driver CD.
    >
    > Also, I've enable windows to use the standard video driver (16 colors
    > 800 x 600) but still the catalyst drivers will not install, the
    > installation keeps suggesting they will install if I at l at least
    > have the standard vga, well its in standard vga.
    >
    > Also, even manually pointing to the driver does not work.
    >
    > Can someone please make a suggestion??

Elitegroup Graphics Cards Motherboards