k7s5a hdd problem

mainboard k7s5a
my old hdd craches, the new 1 a western dig 1200bb 120gb
if i push the comp on mem check oke than i must wait 30 a 40 sec than the
bios find the hd, somtimes the bios faild to find the hd

wats the problem????

plz help me
3 answers Last reply
More about k7s5a problem
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    Arno Gierkens wrote:

    > mainboard k7s5a
    > my old hdd craches, the new 1 a western dig 1200bb 120gb
    > if i push the comp on mem check oke than i must wait 30 a 40 sec than the
    > bios find the hd, somtimes the bios faild to find the hd
    >
    > wats the problem????
    >
    > plz help me

    Probably the cable is either bad or not connected properly.

  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    go into the BIOS and select the user setting for the HD and hit enter.
    This should then detect and show the 120 MB HD. Do not use the
    automatic setting. This MAY help.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    Check your cables, swap them out one at a time if you can.

    Hope this helps.
    The Tech Support Guy

    www.ComputerRelative.com

    "Arno Gierkens" <gierkens@home.nl> wrote in message
    > mainboard k7s5a
    > my old hdd craches, the new 1 a western dig 1200bb 120gb
    > if i push the comp on mem check oke than i must wait 30 a 40 sec than the
    > bios find the hd, somtimes the bios faild to find the hd
    >
    > wats the problem????
    >
    > plz help me

Elitegroup BIOS Hard Drives Motherboards