Jumper for DDR?

k7s5a v. 3.1

Is there a jumper that needs changed when changing from SDRAM to DDR?

I cannot get the board to run without severe file corruptions and freezes
and such, even at 100/100, after swithching from 384M 133SDRAM (that was
rock solid) to Avant Technology 512M 333DDR 64X64 clk2.5.

I did go into BIOS and adjust what I could see... but was there a jumper or
something I missed? I really want to run this with my Duron 1.3 for a while
before bumping to an XP 2400. If it's not going to happen I need to order
another board *now*.

Thanks

You might try clearing the whole bios.
Remove the powercord and the JP1 (?) jumper, to clear bios.

"Jess Fertudei" <not@this.juncture.com> wrote in message
> k7s5a v. 3.1
>

> Is there a jumper that needs changed when changing from SDRAM to DDR?
>

> I cannot get the board to run without severe file corruptions and freezes
> and such, even at 100/100, after swithching from 384M 133SDRAM (that was
> rock solid) to Avant Technology 512M 333DDR 64X64 clk2.5.
>

> I did go into BIOS and adjust what I could see... but was there a jumper
or
> something I missed? I really want to run this with my Duron 1.3 for a
while
> before bumping to an XP 2400. If it's not going to happen I need to order
> another board *now*.
>

> Thanks

Yeah reset the board and then double check your CPU is showing up correct
and that your bus/speed settings are correct. If you have two sticks, try
one at a time.

Hope this helps.
The Tech Support Guy

www.ComputerRelative.com