Problem with raid controller

Hi.

I've just purchased a Q-tec 340R raid controller
<http://qtec.info/products/product.htm?artnr=13237>
However I can't make it work with my ECS k7s5a v.3
After the regular bios, it displays a list of harddisk attached to the
raid controller and that's it, it doesn't start booting Windows or
anything, and I can't use the f8 (bootmenu) to boot from floppy.
I tried the raid controller in another system where it works fine.

The only system requirements for this card, which I'm not sure I have is:
At least one device like HDD supporting UDMA/133.

Can't the k7s5a do that?
Or is there another reason why I can't use this raid controller with my
motherboard?

--
Ryan Kristensen

Smoker

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2004

"Ryan Kristensen" <ryankristensen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> I've just purchased a Q-tec 340R raid controller
> <http://qtec.info/products/product.htm?artnr=13237>
> However I can't make it work with my ECS k7s5a v.3
> After the regular bios, it displays a list of harddisk attached to the
> raid controller and that's it, it doesn't start booting Windows or
> anything, and I can't use the f8 (bootmenu) to boot from floppy.
> I tried the raid controller in another system where it works fine.
>
> The only system requirements for this card, which I'm not sure I have is:
> At least one device like HDD supporting UDMA/133.
>
> Can't the k7s5a do that?
> Or is there another reason why I can't use this raid controller with my
> motherboard?
>
> --
You can change your BIOS settings to boot from floppy first.

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 02:35:04 GMT, Smoker <nospam@x.y> wrote:

> You can change your BIOS settings to boot from floppy first.

It doesn't help.
It seems as if when the raid controller is connected the computer
"forgets" to boot up, and stops when the bios is loaded.
I can't boot up on anything, I've tried cd-rom, floppy and ide-0, all with
the same result - the boot process stops after the drives connected to the
raid controller is found.

--

> On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 02:35:04 GMT, Smoker <nospam@x.y> wrote:
>
> > You can change your BIOS settings to boot from floppy first.
>
> It doesn't help.
> It seems as if when the raid controller is connected the computer
> "forgets" to boot up, and stops when the bios is loaded.
> I can't boot up on anything, I've tried cd-rom, floppy and ide-0, all with
> the same result - the boot process stops after the drives connected to the
> raid controller is found.
>
> --
Go to http://www.ocworkbench.com/ecs
Cheepoman (who rewrites the BIOSes for this board) is one of the ECS
moderators. Whatever your question or problem can be answered there.

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 06:59:38 GMT, Smoker <nospam@x.y> wrote:

> Go to http://www.ocworkbench.com/ecs

Just tried a bios-update.
Amazing which things can be solved with that.
Anyhow it works now, thanks for your help.

--
Ryan Kristensen