non PnP smart card reader on serial port with XP service p..

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

Dear folks,

Maybe you know that some smart card readers connected to the COM port
(non-USB) of the computer no longer work after you install service pack 2.

This happens to non-plug and play readers as Omnikey CardMan 1010.

Could someone help me? We have received a number of those readers in our
company and we are now unable to use them. We are not willing to downgrade to
SP1 at the moment. The card manufacturer says that it is waiting for a
solution from Microsoft...

Does anyone has a workaround of some kind?

Thank you a lot in advance!

George

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

I heard that Microsoft has dropped support for non-PnP hardware devices in SP2.

Has anyone got any more information on this?
It is not documented anywhere, or I am unable to find it...