Connecting my pc to my laptop

I have a pc connected to a cable modem, that is running windows ME.
My lap top is connected wireless via a netgrear router and is running XP.

I would like to be able to transfer some files from the pc to the lap top
and vice versa, but I can't seem to figure out how to do this.

I am completely confused.

Help?

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi
Hopefully you have a network. I.e. the cable modem is connected to the WAN
side of a Wireless Cable/DSL Router, the WinME computer is plugged into the
Router, and the Laptop is connecting to the Router Wirelessly.
If it so you have to configure Windows Network Sharing:
www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
Otherwise you should describe in more details what the nature of you
connections is.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"MidnightEyes" <MidnightEyes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a pc connected to a cable modem, that is running windows ME.
> My lap top is connected wireless via a netgrear router and is running XP.
>
> I would like to be able to transfer some files from the pc to the lap top
> and vice versa, but I can't seem to figure out how to do this.
>
> I am completely confused.
>
> Help?

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

"MidnightEyes" <MidnightEyes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a pc connected to a cable modem, that is running windows ME.
> My lap top is connected wireless via a netgrear router and is running XP.
>
> I would like to be able to transfer some files from the pc to the lap top
> and vice versa, but I can't seem to figure out how to do this.
>
> I am completely confused.
>
> Help?

Is there any form of physical connection between the cable modem and your
netgear router?
If not, it will come down to eg. putting the stuff on a CD on one system and
reading it off the CD on the other.
If there is, then reading up on a possible solution at
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/ might help you.

hth

george