Creative CT4810 (Vibra128) or Crystal SoundFusion?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.multimedia,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

I'm trying to use a Creative VIBRA 128 (CT4810) soundboard, but no
way.
Using Crystal (Crystal SoundFusion) or Creative drivers, it isn't
possible to do this board PLAY on Win98 (although in the Device
Manager the device is displayed as functional). The MIDI output
(I've a MIDI instrument attached) works OK, but when I try to play
some WAVE file (.mp3, .wav, ...), the PC crash (freeze).
I've already tryied to change the IRQ, I've used various drivers
(as mentioned, some by Creative and others by Crystal), but all
have the same behaviour (freeze the PC). I searched in the
discussion groups and I found some problems related to this, but
all without solution.

In Win98, using the Creative driver, the configuration is as follow:

- ECS L7VMM2 (motherboard)
- The following boards is enabled: ethernet, video and modem (I
disabled the onboard soundboard - the connector - jack - is
burned)

- IRQ's: 00 - system timer
01 - keyboard
02 - programmable interrupt controller
03 - acpi irq's
04 - via vt83c572 pci to usb ...
04 - acpi irq's
04 - via pci to usb ...
05 - creative vibra 128 legacy
06 - floppy controller
07 - lpt1
08 - cmos
09 - irq sci ...
10 - acpi irq's
10 - hsp56
10 - via vt83c572 pci to usb ...
11 - via rhine II ...
11 - via vt83c572 pci to usb ...
11 - creative vibra 128
11 - s3 graphics prosavageddr
12 - ps/2 mouse
13 - numeric data processor
14 - pci ide
14 - pci ide
15 - pci ide
15 - pci ide

- DMA's: 01 - creative vibra 128 legacy
02 - floppy controller
04 - dma controller

The BIOS configuration:
- PnP/PCI Configs
- PnP OS Installed: No
- Resources Controlled by: Manual
- IRQ 3 to 11: Reserved
- IRQ 12: PCI Device

Now, using the Crystal driver:

- IRQ's: 00 - system timer
01 - keyboard
02 - programmable interrupt controller
04 - acpi irq's
04 - via vt83c572 pci to usb ...
04 - via pci to usb ...
05 - acpi irq's
05 - via vt83c572 pci to usb ...
06 - floppy controller
07 - lpt1
08 - cmos
09 - irq sci ...
10 - acpi irq's
10 - hsp56
10 - via vt83c572 pci to usb ...
11 - via rhine 2 ...
11 - via vt83c572 pci to usb ...
11 - crystal soundfusion
11 - s3 graphics prosavageddr
12 - ps/2 mouse
13 - numeric data processor
14 - pci ide
14 - pci ide
15 - pci ide
15 - pci ide

- DMA's: 02 - floppy controller
04 - dma controller

A BIOS:
- PnP/PCI Configs
- PnP OS Installed: No
- Resources Controlled by: Auto(ESCD)

To kill all doubts, I also installed the WinXP in the same machine ...
the soundboard was detected as 'Crystal SoundFusion Device' and
installed automatically by the OS. For my surprise, when I try to
play a WAVE file, the PC freeze as in Win98.

Below the resources used by the devices in WinXP:

- IRQ's: (ISA) 0 - system timer
(ISA) 1 - keyboard
(ISA) 6 - floppy controller
(ISA) 8 - cmos
(ISA) 9 - acpi
(ISA) 12 - ps/2 mouse
(ISA) 13 - numeric data processor
(ISA) 14 - primary ide
(ISA) 15 - secondary ide
(PCI) 16 - crystal soundfusion(tm) device
(PCI) 21 - usb controller
(PCI) 21 - usb 2.0 controller
(PCI) 22 - hsp56mr
(PCI) 16 - via rhine II ...

- DMA's: 02 - floppy controller
04 - dma controller

The BIOS is configured as follow:
- PnP/PCI Configs
- PnP OS Installed: No
- Resources Controlled by: Auto(ESCD)

Can someone help me?
1 answer Last reply
More about creative ct4810 vibra128 crystal soundfusion
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.multimedia,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    Thank you guys for the help. Unfortunately no one of that replies
    helped me to solve the problem. In parallel to the discussion groups,
    I contacted the Cirrus Logic, Creative and ECS. The Cirrus and
    Creative
    answered me. Below the messages:

    Data: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 16:36:24 +0100 (BST)
    De: "Creative Americas Technical Support"
    Para: "Clark Thomas"
    Assunto: Re: CLI - Technical Support Request

    Dear Customer,
    Your sound card is an Ensoniq Audio PC. Please download and install
    the
    drivers available online at http://us.creative.com/, click on Support,
    Downloads and follow the online instructions.
    For faster service please reply with previous correspondence when
    replying to this email.

    Best Regards

    Georges (14138)
    Technical Support
    Creative Labs Americas

    ----- messages end ------

    A firm coleague will lend me your SoundBlaster Live! 4.1 ... also
    I lended to him mine soundboard (Vibra128 or Ensoniq?). Now I can
    know if the problem is in the sound board or in my motherboard.

    Thank you again,

    Clark.

Elitegroup Crystal Creative Motherboards