Len

I have a Compaq Presario 2580US notebook. I had to
restore "Windows XP Home edition with SP1" from the Compaq
restore CDs. In effect, start all over. Everything
installed fine and is working correctly, however now
whenever I go to install software from an install CD, it
does not automatically begin the install process. I have
to manually get it started (Run d:\setup.exe or whatever
setup program is required). I have followed the
instructions in numerous Microsoft Knowledgebase articles
regarding the autorun feature (330135,314855, 315753) and
everything is as it should be. I have the latest driver
for my CD drive (internal Toshiba SD-R2312), the registry
is as it should be, and I am logged on with Administrator
rights. Before I restored everything this function used
to work fine. Except for this problem, the CD drive works
OK.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get autorun
to work? Thanks........

Len, check at Kelly's http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm
Choose A and scroll to AutoPlay enabled.