No AutoRun from CD

I have a Compaq Presario 2580US notebook. I had to
restore "Windows XP Home edition with SP1" from the Compaq
restore CDs. In effect, start all over. Everything
installed fine and is working correctly, however now
whenever I go to install software from an install CD, it
does not automatically begin the install process. I have
to manually get it started (Run d:\setup.exe or whatever
setup program is required). I have followed the
instructions in numerous Microsoft Knowledgebase articles
regarding the autorun feature (330135,314855, 315753) and
everything is as it should be. I have the latest driver
for my CD drive (internal Toshiba SD-R2312), the registry
is as it should be, and I am logged on with Administrator
rights. Before I restored everything this function used
to work fine. Except for this problem, the CD drive works
OK.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get autorun
to work? Thanks........
1 answer Last reply
More about autorun

    Len, check at Kelly's http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm
    Choose A and scroll to AutoPlay enabled.
    "Len" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have a Compaq Presario 2580US notebook. I had to
    > restore "Windows XP Home edition with SP1" from the Compaq
    > restore CDs. In effect, start all over. Everything
    > installed fine and is working correctly, however now
    > whenever I go to install software from an install CD, it
    > does not automatically begin the install process. I have
    > to manually get it started (Run d:\setup.exe or whatever
    > setup program is required). I have followed the
    > instructions in numerous Microsoft Knowledgebase articles
    > regarding the autorun feature (330135,314855, 315753) and
    > everything is as it should be. I have the latest driver
    > for my CD drive (internal Toshiba SD-R2312), the registry
    > is as it should be, and I am logged on with Administrator
    > rights. Before I restored everything this function used
    > to work fine. Except for this problem, the CD drive works
    > OK.
    >
    > Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get autorun
    > to work? Thanks........

CD-Rom Microsoft Windows XP