mix PC2700 and PC3200 on 848P-A?

1. Is it possible to mix PC2700 and PC3200 on an ECS 848P-A
motherboard?

2. Does this just run at the lowest speed?

3. I see on the crucial site that the PC3200 RAM has CL=3 while the
PC2700 has CL=2.5. Which is faster?

4. Will the 848P-A run with ECC RAM (not take advantage of it - but
just run without problems)?
--
Regards, Les Caudle

Les Caudle (very@tiredofspam.com) wrote:
: 1. Is it possible to mix PC2700 and PC3200 on an ECS 848P-A
: motherboard?

You should be able to, though there are of course no guarantees. You are
not gonna blow anything up if you try though.

: 2. Does this just run at the lowest speed?

Not necessaily. A lot of PC 2700 sticks have been known to OC to PC3200.
I would expect the slowest though, but you might get lucky.

: 3. I see on the crucial site that the PC3200 RAM has CL=3 while the
: PC2700 has CL=2.5. Which is faster?

2.5 acesses faster. but I would say the PC3200 would be faster even at
CL-3 because of the closck speed.

: 4. Will the 848P-A run with ECC RAM (not take advantage of it - but
: just run without problems)?

That I would not know. Would not hurt to find out though.