TOSHIBA laptop key board went bad 3 times

I have a Toshiba tecra 8000 laptop W/500mhz intel inside.
I have had three keyboards in 6 months go bad and randomly
start a serries Of symbols like %%%%%%%%%% or]]]]]]]]
[[[[[[and clicking on stuff by it self Then It will not
boot and ask for farmware update I then reload bios hook
up an external keyboard, disconect the embedded key board
untill I get a new one and it will work fine for a few
months untill the same thing happens. Any ideas or
comments are wanted, thanks

I'd call that a lemon.