ECS 755-A2 V1.0 ?

billy

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2003

I have been seaching around for a good motherboard and came down to 2
boards. How about the ECS "755-A2 V1.0? I am going to build a system for a
church office. They would
like to be able run 3 programs at the same time. I will install
windows xp. I like to have some input from you on this board.

Thanks

May the force be with you!

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 23:44:55 -0400, "Billy" <nospam@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

>I have been seaching around for a good motherboard and came down to 2
>boards. How about the ECS "755-A2 V1.0? I am going to build a system for a
>church office. They would
>like to be able run 3 programs at the same time. I will install
>windows xp. I like to have some input from you on this board.
>
>Thanks
>

>May the force be with you!

Thats a fine motherboard although are you sure you want to go with an
athlon 64? That's added expense that will not likely be used because
their software won't support the features the processor offers.

I'd stick with an athlon xp board.

Pj

billy

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2003

What board should i get?

Billy

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 23:46:48 -0400, "Billy" <nospam@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

>What board should i get?

I've watched dozens of motherboard combos being sold at Fry's and
asked about the return rate. The salesman told me about 10% come back
and they find about half of those run perfectly.

My point is that I'd find it difficult to choose anything for a
church other than whats on sale at Fry's or your favorite online
store. Fry's has dirt cheap ECS combos that include the 8KTA3 ver 8.0
, K7S5A Pro ver 5.0 and the L7S7A.

Take the money you save by not going with the 64 and buy a good ups
and external backup system.

Pj