Mouse Freezes

I have got a problem with my mouse which i cannot solve. I
have just recieved a new built computer, windows 2000 with
two drives my old one and a new one. ( i dont know if
thats relevent).
My mouse freezes for about 1 or 2 seconds all the time,
it usually occurs when i've left it i.e. when i,ve typed
something and then gone back to it. It isn't the mouse
itself as i've tryed a new one and the same problem
occures. I have uninstalled the mouse driver (logitech
mouseware latest version) and run it on the generic mouse
driver and it still freezes. It freezes frequently. Can
anyone help ?
4 answers Last reply
More about mouse freezes

    I have a similar problem. I use XP. Frequently my mouse just freezes and I
    have to reboot. I think there is a conflict in drivers, obviously, but can't
    tell how or why. When mine freezes only a reboot fixes it.

    "Robert Durose" wrote:

    > I have got a problem with my mouse which i cannot solve. I
    > have just recieved a new built computer, windows 2000 with
    > two drives my old one and a new one. ( i dont know if
    > thats relevent).
    > My mouse freezes for about 1 or 2 seconds all the time,
    > it usually occurs when i've left it i.e. when i,ve typed
    > something and then gone back to it. It isn't the mouse
    > itself as i've tryed a new one and the same problem
    > occures. I have uninstalled the mouse driver (logitech
    > mouseware latest version) and run it on the generic mouse
    > driver and it still freezes. It freezes frequently. Can
    > anyone help ?

    Control Panel, Display, Setting, Advanced, Troubleshoot, move the slider
    a notch or two to the left.

    Robert Durose wrote:

    > I have got a problem with my mouse which i cannot solve. I
    > have just recieved a new built computer, windows 2000 with
    > two drives my old one and a new one. ( i dont know if
    > thats relevent).
    > My mouse freezes for about 1 or 2 seconds all the time,
    > it usually occurs when i've left it i.e. when i,ve typed
    > something and then gone back to it. It isn't the mouse
    > itself as i've tryed a new one and the same problem
    > occures. I have uninstalled the mouse driver (logitech
    > mouseware latest version) and run it on the generic mouse
    > driver and it still freezes. It freezes frequently. Can
    > anyone help ?

    seems to have fixed the problem

    Hello everyone, I too have a Logitech USB mouse that exhibited that
    exact same problem. The mouse cursor used to freeze, at random, for
    5-15 seconds.

    At first I thought it was the driver, or the motherboard, until, on
    accident, I changed the mousepad. I put a white sheet of binder paper
    underneath, and like magic the freezing cursor disappeared.

    Hopefully this can help.

    John G.

    "monsieurms" <monsieurms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<E8D8477C-2B67-4C99-842D-0C4AC40CDCED@microsoft.com>...

    I used to operate my mouse on the salt and pepper colored surface of
    my desk,
    > I have a similar problem. I use XP. Frequently my mouse just freezes and I
    > have to reboot. I think there is a conflict in drivers, obviously, but can't
    > tell how or why. When mine freezes only a reboot fixes it.
    >
    > "Robert Durose" wrote:
    >
    > > I have got a problem with my mouse which i cannot solve. I
    > > have just recieved a new built computer, windows 2000 with
    > > two drives my old one and a new one. ( i dont know if
    > > thats relevent).
    > > My mouse freezes for about 1 or 2 seconds all the time,
    > > it usually occurs when i've left it i.e. when i,ve typed
    > > something and then gone back to it. It isn't the mouse
    > > itself as i've tryed a new one and the same problem
    > > occures. I have uninstalled the mouse driver (logitech
    > > mouseware latest version) and run it on the generic mouse
    > > driver and it still freezes. It freezes frequently. Can
    > > anyone help ?

Mice Microsoft Windows XP