Mouse Freezes

September 30, 2004 7:18:35 AM

I have got a problem with my mouse which i cannot solve. I
have just recieved a new built computer, windows 2000 with
two drives my old one and a new one. ( i dont know if
thats relevent).
My mouse freezes for about 1 or 2 seconds all the time,
it usually occurs when i've left it i.e. when i,ve typed
something and then gone back to it. It isn't the mouse
itself as i've tryed a new one and the same problem
occures. I have uninstalled the mouse driver (logitech
mouseware latest version) and run it on the generic mouse
driver and it still freezes. It freezes frequently. Can
anyone help ?

More about : mouse freezes

Anonymous
September 30, 2004 9:47:03 AM

I have a similar problem. I use XP. Frequently my mouse just freezes and I
have to reboot. I think there is a conflict in drivers, obviously, but can't
tell how or why. When mine freezes only a reboot fixes it.

"Robert Durose" wrote:

> I have got a problem with my mouse which i cannot solve. I
> have just recieved a new built computer, windows 2000 with
> two drives my old one and a new one. ( i dont know if
> thats relevent).
> My mouse freezes for about 1 or 2 seconds all the time,
> it usually occurs when i've left it i.e. when i,ve typed
> something and then gone back to it. It isn't the mouse
> itself as i've tryed a new one and the same problem
> occures. I have uninstalled the mouse driver (logitech
> mouseware latest version) and run it on the generic mouse
> driver and it still freezes. It freezes frequently. Can
> anyone help ?

Anonymous
September 30, 2004 4:14:56 PM

Control Panel, Display, Setting, Advanced, Troubleshoot, move the slider
a notch or two to the left.

Robert Durose wrote:

> I have got a problem with my mouse which i cannot solve. I
> have just recieved a new built computer, windows 2000 with
> two drives my old one and a new one. ( i dont know if
> thats relevent).
> My mouse freezes for about 1 or 2 seconds all the time,
> it usually occurs when i've left it i.e. when i,ve typed
> something and then gone back to it. It isn't the mouse
> itself as i've tryed a new one and the same problem
> occures. I have uninstalled the mouse driver (logitech
> mouseware latest version) and run it on the generic mouse
> driver and it still freezes. It freezes frequently. Can
> anyone help ?

October 1, 2004 4:39:49 AM

seems to have fixed the problem
Anonymous
October 9, 2004 2:38:43 AM

Hello everyone, I too have a Logitech USB mouse that exhibited that
exact same problem. The mouse cursor used to freeze, at random, for
5-15 seconds.

At first I thought it was the driver, or the motherboard, until, on
accident, I changed the mousepad. I put a white sheet of binder paper
underneath, and like magic the freezing cursor disappeared.

Hopefully this can help.

John G.

"monsieurms" <monsieurms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<E8D8477C-2B67-4C99-842D-0C4AC40CDCED@microsoft.com>...

I used to operate my mouse on the salt and pepper colored surface of
my desk,

!