USB to Parallel Port?

I just recently purchased a HP laserjet 1012 for a client, and did not pay
attention to the fact that the printer comes with USB connectivity
only...that would be fine, but the client uses NT4, and NT4 does not support
USB..so I was wondering if anyone knows of an adapter which plugs a usb
cable into a parallel port slot adapter? or of any other options or
solutions? I appreciate your help.

Archi3
archi3@spamthisARCHIVENTURE.NET
3 answers Last reply
More about parallel port

    Archi3 wrote:

    > I just recently purchased a HP laserjet 1012 for a client, and did not pay
    > attention to the fact that the printer comes with USB connectivity
    > only...that would be fine, but the client uses NT4, and NT4 does not support
    > USB..so I was wondering if anyone knows of an adapter which plugs a usb
    > cable into a parallel port slot adapter? or of any other options or
    > solutions? I appreciate your help.

    There are adapters that will allow you to connect a parallel port
    printer into a USB port, but not vice-versa.

    -WD

    "Archi3" <ias@ezaccess.net> wrote in message news:<40c5d8f3@news.greennet.net>...
    > I just recently purchased a HP laserjet 1012 for a client, and did not pay
    > attention to the fact that the printer comes with USB connectivity
    > only...that would be fine, but the client uses NT4, and NT4 does not support
    > USB..so I was wondering if anyone knows of an adapter which plugs a usb
    > cable into a parallel port slot adapter? or of any other options or
    > solutions? I appreciate your help.

    There are USB-Ethernet print servers, (I assume the client is
    networked, anyway an ethernet card is dirt cheap if not already).

    Otherwise (probably cheaper) you can get USB for NT4
    <http://www.bsquare.com/products/usbwin40/faq.asp>. There may be
    cheaper ways to do this, that was the first I came on.

    On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 16:36:29 GMT, Will Dormann
    <wdormann@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

    >Archi3 wrote:
    >
    >> I just recently purchased a HP laserjet 1012 for a client, and did not pay
    >> attention to the fact that the printer comes with USB connectivity
    >> only...that would be fine, but the client uses NT4, and NT4 does not support
    >> USB..so I was wondering if anyone knows of an adapter which plugs a usb
    >> cable into a parallel port slot adapter? or of any other options or
    >> solutions? I appreciate your help.
    >
    >There are adapters that will allow you to connect a parallel port
    >printer into a USB port, but not vice-versa.

    and there is a costly mistake for not doing ones homework.

    --

    Hecate
    Hecate@newsguy.com

Printers Parallel Port USB Peripherals