USB to Parallel Port?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
June 8, 2004 1:24:46 PM

I just recently purchased a HP laserjet 1012 for a client, and did not pay
attention to the fact that the printer comes with USB connectivity
only...that would be fine, but the client uses NT4, and NT4 does not support
USB..so I was wondering if anyone knows of an adapter which plugs a usb
cable into a parallel port slot adapter? or of any other options or
solutions? I appreciate your help.

Archi3
archi3@spamthisARCHIVENTURE.NET

More about : usb parallel port

Anonymous
June 8, 2004 8:36:29 PM

Archi3 wrote:

> I just recently purchased a HP laserjet 1012 for a client, and did not pay
> attention to the fact that the printer comes with USB connectivity
> only...that would be fine, but the client uses NT4, and NT4 does not support
> USB..so I was wondering if anyone knows of an adapter which plugs a usb
> cable into a parallel port slot adapter? or of any other options or
> solutions? I appreciate your help.

There are adapters that will allow you to connect a parallel port
printer into a USB port, but not vice-versa.

-WD
June 8, 2004 11:35:50 PM

"Archi3" <ias@ezaccess.net> wrote in message news:<40c5d8f3@news.greennet.net>...
> I just recently purchased a HP laserjet 1012 for a client, and did not pay
> attention to the fact that the printer comes with USB connectivity
> only...that would be fine, but the client uses NT4, and NT4 does not support
> USB..so I was wondering if anyone knows of an adapter which plugs a usb
> cable into a parallel port slot adapter? or of any other options or
> solutions? I appreciate your help.

There are USB-Ethernet print servers, (I assume the client is
networked, anyway an ethernet card is dirt cheap if not already).

Otherwise (probably cheaper) you can get USB for NT4
<http://www.bsquare.com/products/usbwin40/faq.asp&gt;. There may be
cheaper ways to do this, that was the first I came on.
Anonymous
June 9, 2004 5:43:42 AM

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 16:36:29 GMT, Will Dormann
<wdormann@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

>Archi3 wrote:
>
>> I just recently purchased a HP laserjet 1012 for a client, and did not pay
>> attention to the fact that the printer comes with USB connectivity
>> only...that would be fine, but the client uses NT4, and NT4 does not support
>> USB..so I was wondering if anyone knows of an adapter which plugs a usb
>> cable into a parallel port slot adapter? or of any other options or
>> solutions? I appreciate your help.
>
>There are adapters that will allow you to connect a parallel port
>printer into a USB port, but not vice-versa.

and there is a costly mistake for not doing ones homework.

--

Hecate
Hecate@newsguy.com