GForce FX5200 problem with SP2

Hello ,
I have recently treated my self to a Gforce FX5200 card,
so I can use Nero 6, Directx 9 and all that.

I have installed the driver and it says not "Com-Pat",
but it works ok!

I then checked Windows updates and it said new driver
available 12 Mb's.

I then let it download three times and each time it
said "was not installed".

Whats going wrong can I fixit?

The Nvidia site does not have the same driver Windows
wanted to install?

Does any one know of a "com-pat" driver please? or how i
can get hold of the Windows one?
( I know, clear as mud)
cheers any way
PS I did try knocking off the anti virus etc still no joy!

Should I stick with the diver I have,one year old?

peter

Hi,

Go to nvidia.com to download and install the latest WHQL detonated drivers.
Read the installation hints before doing anything.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_61.76.html
http://www.nvidia.com/object/driver_installation_hints.html

Peter

"Tegco" wrote:

> Hello ,
> I have recently treated my self to a Gforce FX5200 card,
> so I can use Nero 6, Directx 9 and all that.
>
> I have installed the driver and it says not "Com-Pat",
> but it works ok!
>
> I then checked Windows updates and it said new driver
> available 12 Mb's.
>
> I then let it download three times and each time it
> said "was not installed".
>
> Whats going wrong can I fixit?
>
> The Nvidia site does not have the same driver Windows
> wanted to install?
>
> Does any one know of a "com-pat" driver please? or how i
> can get hold of the Windows one?
> ( I know, clear as mud)
> cheers any way
> PS I did try knocking off the anti virus etc still no joy!
>
> Should I stick with the diver I have,one year old?

Paul

Splendid

Use the Nvidia drivers. Even tho it comes up with something
saying they dont pass, install them anyway.

They'll work.