Blazefind logon-logoff loop solved, now fuzzy screen and b..

Help! deleted malware found by Ad Aware, which caused logon-logoff problem.
After several attempts to start in save mode, during which the resolution of
my screen changed to show fuzzy, big font, someone told me to check this
site. Found several posts of people with same problem and followed advise on
www.winxptutor.com (copy userinit.exe to wsaupdater.exe and running 'regedit'
to change the value of Userinit. The logon-logoff loop problem has now been
solved, but the resolution is still wrong and can't be changed in Control
Panal/display/etc.
Any advise much appreciated!
3 answers Last reply
More about blazefind logon logoff loop solved fuzzy screen

    Have you tried to re-install your video drivers.

    Neil
    "Jel" <Jel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Help! deleted malware found by Ad Aware, which caused logon-logoff
    > problem.
    > After several attempts to start in save mode, during which the resolution
    > of
    > my screen changed to show fuzzy, big font, someone told me to check this
    > site. Found several posts of people with same problem and followed advise
    > on
    > www.winxptutor.com (copy userinit.exe to wsaupdater.exe and running
    > 'regedit'
    > to change the value of Userinit. The logon-logoff loop problem has now
    > been
    > solved, but the resolution is still wrong and can't be changed in Control
    > Panal/display/etc.
    > Any advise much appreciated!

    Neil, no not yet, I can't seem to find that among the discs Dell provided,
    would it say on the disc: 'NVIDEA Gforce4 Graphic card setup' or similar or
    could it be on another Dell disc do you know? All I've got id the Windows XP
    reinstall, 'Application' Dell Monitor, 'Drivers and Utilities' Dell Eurotools
    and a Dell Resource CD.

    "neil" wrote:

    > Have you tried to re-install your video drivers.
    >
    > Neil
    > "Jel" <Jel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Help! deleted malware found by Ad Aware, which caused logon-logoff
    > > problem.
    > > After several attempts to start in save mode, during which the resolution
    > > of
    > > my screen changed to show fuzzy, big font, someone told me to check this
    > > site. Found several posts of people with same problem and followed advise
    > > on
    > > www.winxptutor.com (copy userinit.exe to wsaupdater.exe and running
    > > 'regedit'
    > > to change the value of Userinit. The logon-logoff loop problem has now
    > > been
    > > solved, but the resolution is still wrong and can't be changed in Control
    > > Panal/display/etc.
    > > Any advise much appreciated!

    Neil, thanks for the hint, all is well after using the resource CD!

    "Jel" wrote:

    > Neil, no not yet, I can't seem to find that among the discs Dell provided,
    > would it say on the disc: 'NVIDEA Gforce4 Graphic card setup' or similar or
    > could it be on another Dell disc do you know? All I've got id the Windows XP
    > reinstall, 'Application' Dell Monitor, 'Drivers and Utilities' Dell Eurotools
    > and a Dell Resource CD.
    >
    > "neil" wrote:
    >
    > > Have you tried to re-install your video drivers.
    > >
    > > Neil
    > > "Jel" <Jel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > Help! deleted malware found by Ad Aware, which caused logon-logoff
    > > > problem.
    > > > After several attempts to start in save mode, during which the resolution
    > > > of
    > > > my screen changed to show fuzzy, big font, someone told me to check this
    > > > site. Found several posts of people with same problem and followed advise
    > > > on
    > > > www.winxptutor.com (copy userinit.exe to wsaupdater.exe and running
    > > > 'regedit'
    > > > to change the value of Userinit. The logon-logoff loop problem has now
    > > > been
    > > > solved, but the resolution is still wrong and can't be changed in Control
    > > > Panal/display/etc.
    > > > Any advise much appreciated!

Resolution Windows XP