K7S5A v. 3 and Hard Drive Question

JM

Hi,

I have the K7S5A v.3 Mobo. I have a Maxtor 40 Gig. HD. 384 MB. RAM.
When I installed XP Professional, I only got 30 Gig. How do I get the
other 10 Gig.? Mobo BIOS upgrade?

Thank you.

Was it recognized properly before you switched to XP?
If you update the BIOS, I would recommend the HoneyX BIOS.
Are you sure you have that HDD jumpered properly?
I seem to recall that you can jumper it to a max of 30GB so that it
will work on BIOS limited machines.
I have a K7S5a rev 3.1 and I am running a 120GB Maxtor.