won't boot

I installed winXP a few days ago now when I turn on the
computer I hear fans running bot nothing happens??
nothing shows on the screen and no beeps?? HELPPP!!
3 answers Last reply
More about boot

    I doubt it's winXP it doesn't sound as though the PC is getting as far as
    detected a signal from the PC (even though you see nothing on the screen)
    but its power light changes to fully lit. I would start checking cables and
    connections first make sure everything is secure.

    Neil
    "Robert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I installed winXP a few days ago now when I turn on the
    > computer I hear fans running bot nothing happens??
    > nothing shows on the screen and no beeps?? HELPPP!!

    No light changes on the monitor and I did change vid
    cards to see if that was the problem but nothing but fans
    running?

    as though its
    >detected a signal from the PC (even though you see
    nothing on the screen)
    >but its power light changes to fully lit. I would start
    checking cables and
    >connections first make sure everything is secure.
    >
    >Neil
    >"Robert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    >>I installed winXP a few days ago now when I turn on the
    >> computer I hear fans running bot nothing happens??
    >> nothing shows on the screen and no beeps?? HELPPP!!
    >

    >.

    Have you checked the memory is seated correctly, or perhaps the processor
    has died. I think you will need to get back to basics and disconnect
    everything except Floppy drive & Video card, disconnect all peripherals just
    leave the keyboard connected. You should at least see the bios load & then
    it should say missing operating system. (or words to that effect)

    > No light changes on the monitor and I did change vid
    > cards to see if that was the problem but nothing but fans
    > running?

Hardware Boot Microsoft Windows XP