Andy

I have a Microsft multimedia keyboard and for some
unknown reason i can't get the \ to work.
i am currently having to cut and paste from downloaded
documents.

grateful for any help

thanks

Defective keyboard, get a replacement (is it still under
warranty?). It is cheaper to buy a new one than to pay labor
to fix the one you have.

A work around until you replace the board, use the character
map.

"Andy" <acsimpson@yahoo.com> wrote in message
|I have a Microsft multimedia keyboard and for some
| unknown reason i can't get the \ to work.
| i am currently having to cut and paste from downloaded
| documents.
|
| grateful for any help
|
| thanks

New keyboard and the 2nd one i've tried,should have
mentioned instead of the \key i get #key instead.
when i use the on-screen keyboard it shows the layout
exactly how it works ???? can't get my head round it ??

mayb ur keyb config is wrong
"Andy" <acsimpson@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have a Microsft multimedia keyboard and for some
> unknown reason i can't get the \ to work.
> i am currently having to cut and paste from downloaded
> documents.
>
> grateful for any help
>
> thanks

The keyboard language may be set incorrectly or the keys may
have been remapped. Check the IntelliType settings, Control
Panel/keyboard also check regional and language settings
(control panel).