SIS730S drivers

I am in a little bit of computer hell. I need to put a video capture
device on my system for a small project I am doing. My motherboard
only has 2 PCI slots, both used. Of course I really wanted a PCI
video capture but I couldnt' see a way of doing that, although in hind
sight I would have looked to upgrade my mother board to something with
more PCI slots. So I put a USB device on it that worked horribly on a
USB 1.1 port and didn't work at all on a USB 2.0 port. So I sent it
back and ordered an AGP all in one, videocard plus video capture,
which I didn't know you could get, this actually will be better
because I had no real video card just the on board one which steals
processor time and memory from the main system.

Ok, so I take out my PCI audio card, which I hated and bought an
Extigy USB by creative. This keep crashing my system. Creative says
go to wherever it is you get such things and install as they put it
(ALR Chipset software package), I don't have any idea what that means.
I just downloaded the audio driver for the chipset, is that what they
mean? That is all I could find that looked somewhat correct. Do all
sound cards use the ChipSet driver as well as the driver for the
device? I was a little shocked at the file size it is over 8mb, for a
driver, wow.

I am also going to try to put a USB 2.0 DVD writer on thet system,
that will be a time share from the person who I am doing the project.
From my limited USB experience I can't see this working. The only
device that seems to work on the USB port is my Flash disk, which I
love.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

B&B Musmon wrote:
> I am in a little bit of computer hell. I need to put a video capture
> device on my system for a small project I am doing. My motherboard
> only has 2 PCI slots, both used. Of course I really wanted a PCI
> video capture but I couldnt' see a way of doing that, although in hind
> sight I would have looked to upgrade my mother board to something with
> more PCI slots. So I put a USB device on it that worked horribly on a
> USB 1.1 port and didn't work at all on a USB 2.0 port. So I sent it
> back and ordered an AGP all in one, videocard plus video capture,
> which I didn't know you could get, this actually will be better
> because I had no real video card just the on board one which steals
> processor time and memory from the main system.
>
> Ok, so I take out my PCI audio card, which I hated and bought an
> Extigy USB by creative. This keep crashing my system. Creative says
> go to wherever it is you get such things and install as they put it
> (ALR Chipset software package), I don't have any idea what that means.
> I just downloaded the audio driver for the chipset, is that what they
> mean? That is all I could find that looked somewhat correct. Do all
> sound cards use the ChipSet driver as well as the driver for the
> device? I was a little shocked at the file size it is over 8mb, for a
> driver, wow.
>
> I am also going to try to put a USB 2.0 DVD writer on thet system,
> that will be a time share from the person who I am doing the project.
> From my limited USB experience I can't see this working. The only
> device that seems to work on the USB port is my Flash disk, which I
> love.
>
> Thanks for any insight you can provide.

What a mess! You are unlikely to get any meaningful advice unless you are
able to provide the model number of the motherboard in use, and the
operating system. In any case, you will have to uninstall any previous sound
drivers or software in Add/Remove Programs and disable any onboard sound in
the BIOS. Only then should the Extigy USB drivers be installed. It may be
however that your OS does not support the use of USB2 (windows 98, first
edition?) and you are simply expecting too much of your dated hardware and
software.