HOW TO SET UP A WIRELESS NETWORK

this probably sounds stupid, but i cant set up a wireless netowork. i am
looking for some help. i have read a lot of articles but so far no sucess. i
need some step by step instructions. i am horrible with computers. i have 2
computers both running on windows xp

i have a dekstop with a wireless network adapter, a laptop with centrino
technology, a wireless router, and a brodband connection.

i can surf the internet on all computers, but cant seem to set up a wireless
network.

ATTENTION: PLEASE RESPOND TO

HERBOTURBO123@COMCAST.NET

--not the email supplied--

once again, please help me, and reply to HERBOTURBO123@COMCAST.NET
2 answers Last reply
More about wireless network

    Hi
    If you are capable to surf the Internet using your Wireless Computers then
    you already have a Wireless Network.
    If your two computers do not talk one to the other then you have Sharing
    problem.
    I would suggest reading the following page.
    Read first the whole page (I.e. resist the urge to click on any of the
    links).
    Once you understand the general scope start to investigate the links that
    concern your specific setting.
    Link to: http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    If I guessed wrong you should consider a better explanation of your problem.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "setting up wireless network"
    <settingupwirelessnetwork@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > this probably sounds stupid, but i cant set up a wireless netowork. i am
    > looking for some help. i have read a lot of articles but so far no sucess.
    > need some step by step instructions. i am horrible with computers. i have
    2
    > computers both running on windows xp
    >
    > i have a dekstop with a wireless network adapter, a laptop with centrino
    > technology, a wireless router, and a brodband connection.
    >
    > i can surf the internet on all computers, but cant seem to set up a
    wireless
    > network.
    >
    > ATTENTION: PLEASE RESPOND TO
    >
    > HERBOTURBO123@COMCAST.NET
    >
    > --not the email supplied--
    >
    > once again, please help me, and reply to HERBOTURBO123@COMCAST.NET

    PROBLEM RESOLVED:

    this problem has been resolved partially, however please see the article
    HOW TO ENABLE FILE SHARING

Wireless Wireless Network Computers Wireless Networking