kt600-A and what is going on here?

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

i put together a simple system for my son using this "returned" fry's board
that came with a boxed retail 2500+ for $59. super deal?
i screwed everything together, (160gb ide), loaded xp, and it worked great.
i fed ex'd it to san jose. he opened the box, plugged it in, and it booted
to a blue, fatal error screen. he mailed it back to me. i can tell you this:
when the dvd r and dvd rom are not plugged in to the mainboard ports the hd
runs. you can hear it. when it's plugged to the mainboard nothing works.
even the drawers don't open on the drives.
btw, when i mailed him the board in the first place, the ps 2 mouse port Did
Not work. i'm guessing the 2500+ is fine. i don't want to pull it off yet
and put it in my abit to "test" it. i am thinking of just ordering something
like my abit kd7 or even a kv7. i think it's the mainboard.
ofcourse you got no boot to the monitor. just black screen. the video card
fan works and i don't suspect the vid card. i think it's the "previously
returned" kt600 that came with this "frys" combo deal.
i have double checked to see all is seated and nothing is shorting the back
of the mainboard. any very quick ideas to test anything?
thanks. tony/oregon.

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 19:15:42 -0700, "tony " <webtoken@yahoo.com> wrote:

>i put together a simple system for my son using this "returned" fry's board
>that came with a boxed retail 2500+ for $59. super deal?
>i screwed everything together, (160gb ide), loaded xp, and it worked great.
>i fed ex'd it to san jose. he opened the box, plugged it in, and it booted
>to a blue, fatal error screen. he mailed it back to me. i can tell you this:
>when the dvd r and dvd rom are not plugged in to the mainboard ports the hd
>runs. you can hear it. when it's plugged to the mainboard nothing works.
>even the drawers don't open on the drives.
>btw, when i mailed him the board in the first place, the ps 2 mouse port Did
>Not work. i'm guessing the 2500+ is fine. i don't want to pull it off yet
>and put it in my abit to "test" it. i am thinking of just ordering something
>like my abit kd7 or even a kv7. i think it's the mainboard.
>ofcourse you got no boot to the monitor. just black screen. the video card
>fan works and i don't suspect the vid card. i think it's the "previously
>returned" kt600 that came with this "frys" combo deal.
>i have double checked to see all is seated and nothing is shorting the back
>of the mainboard. any very quick ideas to test anything?
>thanks. tony/oregon.

Try another Power Supply