Scanner no longer works with XP sp2

I have a hp all in one printer/scanner/fax after
installing sp2 I receive message "an error occurred
communicating with the scanning device. Please ensure
that the scanning device is connected properly and try
again". I have tried removing the usb composite device,
disconnecting the usb cable and then using the "new
hardware" wizard this works to complete one scan and then
I receive the message again...Any ideas, besides doing a
system restore to get my system back to pre-sp2?

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Did you check with HP to see if there had to be a driver update for SP2?

"Griztastic" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a hp all in one printer/scanner/fax after
> installing sp2 I receive message "an error occurred
> communicating with the scanning device. Please ensure
> that the scanning device is connected properly and try
> again". I have tried removing the usb composite device,
> disconnecting the usb cable and then using the "new
> hardware" wizard this works to complete one scan and then
> I receive the message again...Any ideas, besides doing a
> system restore to get my system back to pre-sp2?

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

It sounds like you might have the Prescott C issue. If
so, you can resolve your problem by updating the BIOS of
your Intel Pentium IV or Celeron System. More on your
issue at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
scid=kb;en-us;885626&Product=winxp

BigJim

when I installed sp2 I lost my print spooler so I had to do a complete
reinstall of xp.
All is running fine now with the new install and sp2.
FYI I am running two printers a all in one lexmark and an hp 722.