error message at startup

October 1, 2004 1:53:44 AM

I keep getting two error messages whenever I start up my
Toshiba laptop. The first one reads,

"Error loading C:\WINDOWS\System32\bridge.dll" and says
the specified module can't be found.

The second one reads,

"Error loading
C:\ProgramFiles\WildTangent\Apps\CDA\cdaEnginge0400.dll"
and says the specified module can't be found.

What in the world are these?

Also, my home page keeps getting changed to a blank
homepage. I have to go back to internet options and
reset it every time I want to browse the Internet. Why
does it keep getting rid of my homepage? What can I do
to fix it?

I've looked on the microsoft site for a place to ask
these questions and how to get rid of these and there's
nothing. Please help me out if you know how.

More about : error message startup

October 1, 2004 4:27:49 AM

It looks like you probably have more than one problem.
The first issue is that your system is not loading your
network bridge driver correctly. If you are running Win
XP (which I am assuming) then click Start -> Control
panel -> Network and Internet Connections and remove and
rebuild the network connection called 'network bridge'.
The second issue is a spyware problem. Delete the
program 'WildTangent' from your PC and download, install,
update and run software such as AD Aware from Lavasoft to
remove the spyware. Please note that it is important to
NOT remove software automatically upon windows reboot
with these types of spyware removal programs, if it asks
anything about that, so No and go look for more software
to uninstall before running the spyware killer again.
!