l7vmm3 fan

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
September 11, 2004 2:53:59 PM

I'm looking for information on the cpu fan included with this motherboard.
How loud is it supposed to be? Is it a reliable fan or should I upgrade?

Thanks
Tom

More about : l7vmm3 fan

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 13, 2004 1:08:45 AM

"tomW" wrote:
> I'm looking for information on the cpu fan included with this motherboard.
> How loud is it supposed to be? Is it a reliable fan or should I upgrade?

I've never seen a CPU fan included with a motherboard. Did you buy a package from a retail store?

I can't find any reference to the L7VMM3 on the ECSUSA.COM web site, but I assume that it's similar
to my L7VMM2 (a micro-ATX board). Most ECS motherboards accept a fairly wide range of CPUs; it
seems unlikely that the manufacturer would have specified a single model of fan for any motherboard.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 14, 2004 1:03:39 AM

Actually I bought it as part of a kit from a store. I had someone else put
it together, but assumed the fan came with the motherboard. I had a look
at the fan and it has pro 3200 written on it. The motherboard can be seen
on the taiwanese site.

Thanks
"Larry Scholnick" <Larry_Scholnick@Yahoo.Com> wrote in message
> "tomW" wrote:
>> I'm looking for information on the cpu fan included with this
>> motherboard.
>> How loud is it supposed to be? Is it a reliable fan or should I upgrade?
>>
> I've never seen a CPU fan included with a motherboard. Did you buy a
> package from a retail store?
>
> I can't find any reference to the L7VMM3 on the ECSUSA.COM web site, but I
> assume that it's similar
> to my L7VMM2 (a micro-ATX board). Most ECS motherboards accept a fairly
> wide range of CPUs; it
> seems unlikely that the manufacturer would have specified a single model
> of fan for any motherboard.

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 15, 2004 5:41:25 PM

"Larry Scholnick" <Larry_Scholnick@Yahoo.Com> wrote in message
> "tomW" wrote:
> > I'm looking for information on the cpu fan included with this
motherboard.
> > How loud is it supposed to be? Is it a reliable fan or should I
upgrade?

> I've never seen a CPU fan included with a motherboard. Did you buy
a package from a retail store?

> I can't find any reference to the L7VMM3 on the ECSUSA.COM web site,
but I assume that it's similar
> to my L7VMM2 (a micro-ATX board). Most ECS motherboards accept a
fairly wide range of CPUs; it
> seems unlikely that the manufacturer would have specified a single
model of fan for any motherboard.

Look here Larry:
http://www.atacom.com/program/print_html_new.cgi?cart_i...

It also says:
"Processor:Integrated AMD Athlon Pro 3200A+ 3200Mhz Processor 266 /
200 MHz FSB "
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 15, 2004 5:56:32 PM

"tomW" <tom24_ca@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Actually I bought it as part of a kit from a store. I had someone
else put
> it together, but assumed the fan came with the motherboard. I had
a look
> at the fan and it has pro 3200 written on it. The motherboard can
be seen
> on the taiwanese site.

Don't know where you can find the exact replacement fan, but if you
unscrew it and take it to a computer store, I'm sure that they could
find one that will work. It should be very easy to find an adapter or
just a fan that would work.
The L7mm3 is a very low end motherboard and so its cpu fan is probably
low end also.
I believe that the pro3200 is really an Athlon XP1900+, but I'm not
sure.
The cpu is 'soldered' to the motherboard. This was most likely done to
save the price of the 'socket'.
This also means that you cannot replace the cpu itself (unless you are
really talented).
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 15, 2004 6:06:11 PM

"tomW" <tom24_ca@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Actually I bought it as part of a kit from a store. I had someone
else put
> it together, but assumed the fan came with the motherboard. I had
a look
> at the fan and it has pro 3200 written on it. The motherboard can
be seen
> on the taiwanese site.
>
> Thanks
Whoops, it looks the 3200A could really be an XP2200+, and not the
XP1900+ that I thought.
!