XP Won't Recognize Wi-Fi Card

I have an HP Paviliion Notebook running XP and a Microsoft Notebook Adapter
MN-520 that XP won't recognize. DSL cable connection works fine. When I
disconnect the cable and try to get the card to work, nothing happens.
Suggestions?
3 answers Last reply
More about recognize card

    Keithd561 wrote:

    > I have an HP Paviliion Notebook running XP and a Microsoft Notebook
    > Adapter
    > MN-520 that XP won't recognize. DSL cable connection works fine.
    > When I disconnect the cable and try to get the card to work, nothing
    > happens. Suggestions?

    Try the card in a different computer. Is the card seen at all by
    Windows? If not, the card is broken. Replace it.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers

    hi i am having the same problem. I have a sony vaio and I inserted the
    linksys wireless card. I had it working and then all of a sudden it did not
    recognize the card in the top slot. the bottom slot gives me errors in the
    device manager. I have uninstalled the software and reinstalled. I have
    removed the pcmia cards both of them. The system reinstalled them when I
    rebooted. Am\ny help would be appreciated.

    "Malke" wrote:

    > Keithd561 wrote:
    >
    > > I have an HP Paviliion Notebook running XP and a Microsoft Notebook
    > > Adapter
    > > MN-520 that XP won't recognize. DSL cable connection works fine.
    > > When I disconnect the cable and try to get the card to work, nothing
    > > happens. Suggestions?
    >
    > Try the card in a different computer. Is the card seen at all by
    > Windows? If not, the card is broken. Replace it.
    >
    > Malke
    > --
    > MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > Elephant Boy Computers
    > www.elephantboycomputers.com
    > "Don't Panic!"

    If the card is broken, would the "power" light on it be green? I dont
    have another computer to check it to. There is no light above the word
    wireless, so my guess is that my card is broken.

    --
    arizona2

Connection Notebooks Microsoft Windows XP Wireless Networking