l7vmm3 overclocked

Can anyone help me here. I want to run the cpu at overclock mode and at top
mhz. When I set this in bios, and reboot, it gets as far as the splash
screen, and then reboots. Whats the likely cause of this, and how do I fix
it? I'm a newbie and would appreciate help.
Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about l7vmm3 overclocked
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    "tomW" <tom24_ca@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Can anyone help me here. I want to run the cpu at overclock mode and at
    top
    > mhz. When I set this in bios, and reboot, it gets as far as the splash
    > screen, and then reboots. Whats the likely cause of this, and how do I
    fix
    > it? I'm a newbie and would appreciate help.
    > Thanks

    When you can run fine at a certain speed and when you try to run faster and
    don't get anywhere, it usually points to the power supply. More speed
    requires more power.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    Wouldn't have thought that was necessary. I currently have a 350 w psu.
    "Smoker" <nospam@x.y> wrote in message news:bXR2d.781$QB1.310@trndny02...

    > "tomW" <tom24_ca@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> Can anyone help me here. I want to run the cpu at overclock mode and at
    > top
    >> mhz. When I set this in bios, and reboot, it gets as far as the splash
    >> screen, and then reboots. Whats the likely cause of this, and how do I
    > fix
    >> it? I'm a newbie and would appreciate help.
    >> Thanks
    >>
    > When you can run fine at a certain speed and when you try to run faster
    > and
    > don't get anywhere, it usually points to the power supply. More speed
    > requires more power.

  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    I changed the cpu fan and now have a thermaltake silent boost. I can get
    top fsb of 149 mhz, but system info tells me it's running at 1.86 gHz. I
    should be able to get it up to 2.5 gHz. Anyone know how to do this?

    Thanks

    Tom
    "tomW" <tom24_ca@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Can anyone help me here. I want to run the cpu at overclock mode and at
    > top mhz. When I set this in bios, and reboot, it gets as far as the
    > splash screen, and then reboots. Whats the likely cause of this, and how
    > do I fix it? I'm a newbie and would appreciate help.
    > Thanks

Elitegroup Motherboards