Teac DW-552G read problem

Hello everyone

I have a strange problem with my CDRW+DVD. I have bought
a new Teac DW-552G CDRW+DVD drive and now I can`t install
or run any programs from CD`s that I insert in to my new
drive. The data is displayed correctly when I open the CD
device but when I try to install or run some programs
something goes wrong and I get an error message
(everytime different).
I tried to update my MotherBoard drivers but nothing
workd out. So I changed my CDRW+DVD device to an old one
that I used before and now everything works fine.
One more thing: My new Teac DW-552G works fine too on
other PC`s that I have.

I understand Nero is bundled with this product. Might see if there is an update for
this application. Many times the burning software can cause problems.
http://www.nero.com/us/nero-up.php

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"fUNk" <fUNk@takas.lt> wrote in message
> Hello everyone
>
> I have a strange problem with my CDRW+DVD. I have bought
> a new Teac DW-552G CDRW+DVD drive and now I can`t install
> or run any programs from CD`s that I insert in to my new
> drive. The data is displayed correctly when I open the CD
> device but when I try to install or run some programs
> something goes wrong and I get an error message
> (everytime different).
> I tried to update my MotherBoard drivers but nothing
> workd out. So I changed my CDRW+DVD device to an old one
> that I used before and now everything works fine.
> One more thing: My new Teac DW-552G works fine too on
> other PC`s that I have.

But if there is no burning software installed on the system
now and before? I`m using a new clean install of Windows XP
Professional.