ECS N2U400-A 6 Channel Audio, Where and how?

It says on the box it has 6 channel audio. My boad didn't come with a SPDIF.
It only has mic, line-in, and line-out. ECS don't sell SPDIF. Am I missing
something?

Thanks

James
2 answers Last reply
More about n2u400 channel audio
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    "James" <jwr18@comcast.net> writes:
    >It says on the box it has 6 channel audio. My boad didn't come with a SPDIF.
    >It only has mic, line-in, and line-out. ECS don't sell SPDIF. Am I missing
    >something?

    You've got an SPDIF header on the board, right? You just need something
    like the following:

    http://www.pcclub.com/product_detail.cfm?itemno=A4854004

    -J
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    "James" <jwr18@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<ecWdnZgJkcGIOsncRVn-jw@comcast.com>...
    > It says on the box it has 6 channel audio. My boad didn't come with a SPDIF.
    > It only has mic, line-in, and line-out. ECS don't sell SPDIF. Am I missing
    > something?

    You need to read the manual, its on the ECS site if you don't have
    one. The manual explains how to setup the audio, which basically
    changes around what signal appears on the three audio jacks in the
    back.

    I don't know this for certain, but on EVERY other board or card I have
    checked, the S/Pdif is strictly passthru from the DVD drive. No system
    or game sounds are encoded and output over the s/pdif output.

Elitegroup ECS Audio Motherboards