ECS N2U400-A 6 Channel Audio, Where and how?

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

It says on the box it has 6 channel audio. My boad didn't come with a SPDIF.
It only has mic, line-in, and line-out. ECS don't sell SPDIF. Am I missing
something?

Thanks

James

"James" <jwr18@comcast.net> writes:
>It says on the box it has 6 channel audio. My boad didn't come with a SPDIF.
>It only has mic, line-in, and line-out. ECS don't sell SPDIF. Am I missing
>something?

You've got an SPDIF header on the board, right? You just need something
like the following:

http://www.pcclub.com/product_detail.cfm?itemno=A4854004

-J

Mike

Splendid

"James" <jwr18@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<ecWdnZgJkcGIOsncRVn-jw@comcast.com>...
> It says on the box it has 6 channel audio. My boad didn't come with a SPDIF.
> It only has mic, line-in, and line-out. ECS don't sell SPDIF. Am I missing
> something?

You need to read the manual, its on the ECS site if you don't have
one. The manual explains how to setup the audio, which basically
changes around what signal appears on the three audio jacks in the
back.

I don't know this for certain, but on EVERY other board or card I have
checked, the S/Pdif is strictly passthru from the DVD drive. No system
or game sounds are encoded and output over the s/pdif output.