low cost overclocking motherboard ?

I'm currently using a ECS K5S7A Pro (latest honey bios upgrade)
AMD XP 2000 T-bird (A 6-8-0)
Muskin basic PC2700 memory, two 256MB sticks.
I can overclock a little to 137/137mhz, anything more and the system
sometimes locks up.
I want to replace my current motherboard to something that will allow
my memory to run at 166mhz, but still allow my current processor to run
(133mhz bus speed).
I will replace the CPU in the future with something with a 166mhz bus speed.

I'm looking for a low cost motherboard, something that does a little
overclocking.
(Maybe a K7VTA ?)
So what motherboard can people recommend ?

Smoker

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2004

"Tod" <no_spam_me@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I'm currently using a ECS K5S7A Pro (latest honey bios upgrade)
> AMD XP 2000 T-bird (A 6-8-0)
> Muskin basic PC2700 memory, two 256MB sticks.
> I can overclock a little to 137/137mhz, anything more and the system
> sometimes locks up.
> I want to replace my current motherboard to something that will allow
> my memory to run at 166mhz, but still allow my current processor to run
> (133mhz bus speed).
> I will replace the CPU in the future with something with a 166mhz bus
speed.

> I'm looking for a low cost motherboard, something that does a little
> overclocking.
> (Maybe a K7VTA ?)
> So what motherboard can people recommend ?

Take a look at Asrock boards. Cheap with a good reputation and a subsidiary
of Asus. More overclocking abilities than ECS boards.

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 08:04:27 GMT There I was minding my own business
and then "Smoker" <nospam@x.y> wrote :

>"Tod" <no_spam_me@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> I'm currently using a ECS K5S7A Pro (latest honey bios upgrade)
>> AMD XP 2000 T-bird (A 6-8-0)
>> Muskin basic PC2700 memory, two 256MB sticks.
>> I can overclock a little to 137/137mhz, anything more and the system
>> sometimes locks up.
>> I want to replace my current motherboard to something that will allow
>> my memory to run at 166mhz, but still allow my current processor to run
>> (133mhz bus speed).
>> I will replace the CPU in the future with something with a 166mhz bus
>speed.
>>
>> I'm looking for a low cost motherboard, something that does a little
>> overclocking.
>> (Maybe a K7VTA ?)
>> So what motherboard can people recommend ?
>>
>Take a look at Asrock boards. Cheap with a good reputation and a subsidiary
>of Asus. More overclocking abilities than ECS boards.

I've been running one for around a year after my ECS board gave
out.Super stable(Bit boring,no fun fixing anything<grin> :)

--
Free Windows/PC help,
remove obvious to reply

Latest posts