low cost overclocking motherboard ?

I'm currently using a ECS K5S7A Pro (latest honey bios upgrade)
AMD XP 2000 T-bird (A 6-8-0)
Muskin basic PC2700 memory, two 256MB sticks.
I can overclock a little to 137/137mhz, anything more and the system
sometimes locks up.
I want to replace my current motherboard to something that will allow
my memory to run at 166mhz, but still allow my current processor to run
(133mhz bus speed).
I will replace the CPU in the future with something with a 166mhz bus speed.

I'm looking for a low cost motherboard, something that does a little
overclocking.
(Maybe a K7VTA ?)
So what motherboard can people recommend ?
2 answers Last reply
More about cost overclocking motherboard
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    "Tod" <no_spam_me@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > I'm currently using a ECS K5S7A Pro (latest honey bios upgrade)
    > AMD XP 2000 T-bird (A 6-8-0)
    > Muskin basic PC2700 memory, two 256MB sticks.
    > I can overclock a little to 137/137mhz, anything more and the system
    > sometimes locks up.
    > I want to replace my current motherboard to something that will allow
    > my memory to run at 166mhz, but still allow my current processor to run
    > (133mhz bus speed).
    > I will replace the CPU in the future with something with a 166mhz bus
    speed.

    > I'm looking for a low cost motherboard, something that does a little
    > overclocking.
    > (Maybe a K7VTA ?)
    > So what motherboard can people recommend ?

    Take a look at Asrock boards. Cheap with a good reputation and a subsidiary
    of Asus. More overclocking abilities than ECS boards.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 08:04:27 GMT There I was minding my own business
    and then "Smoker" <nospam@x.y> wrote :

    >"Tod" <no_spam_me@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> I'm currently using a ECS K5S7A Pro (latest honey bios upgrade)
    >> AMD XP 2000 T-bird (A 6-8-0)
    >> Muskin basic PC2700 memory, two 256MB sticks.
    >> I can overclock a little to 137/137mhz, anything more and the system
    >> sometimes locks up.
    >> I want to replace my current motherboard to something that will allow
    >> my memory to run at 166mhz, but still allow my current processor to run
    >> (133mhz bus speed).
    >> I will replace the CPU in the future with something with a 166mhz bus
    >speed.
    >>
    >> I'm looking for a low cost motherboard, something that does a little
    >> overclocking.
    >> (Maybe a K7VTA ?)
    >> So what motherboard can people recommend ?
    >>
    >Take a look at Asrock boards. Cheap with a good reputation and a subsidiary
    >of Asus. More overclocking abilities than ECS boards.

    I've been running one for around a year after my ECS board gave
    out.Super stable(Bit boring,no fun fixing anything<grin> :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    remove obvious to reply

Elitegroup Overclocking Motherboards