floppy access

I removed a floppy disk from the drive a week or so ago
and must have removed it while windows explorer had a
window open to it. Don't know which floppy disk it was.
Now opening my computer or win explorer causes the system
to try and access the drive for a second or two. Kind of
annoying. Any ideas? I have removed the drive and
reinstalled it, also tried resetting the folder views.
Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about floppy access

    Try clearing your "recent documents" list: right-
    click "Start" or the task bar, select properties, start
    menu tab, customize, advanced tab, "clear list" (near the
    bottom.

    Mike

    Thanks, I tried clearing all the MRU's prior to posting,
    but tried again anyway and no joy. :0) Friggin thing did
    this before and I can't remember how I fixed it. :0)

Windows Explorer Floppy Disk Windows XP