  • Windows Explorer
  • Floppy Disk
  • Windows XP
October 1, 2004 11:33:46 AM

I removed a floppy disk from the drive a week or so ago
and must have removed it while windows explorer had a
window open to it. Don't know which floppy disk it was.
Now opening my computer or win explorer causes the system
to try and access the drive for a second or two. Kind of
annoying. Any ideas? I have removed the drive and
reinstalled it, also tried resetting the folder views.
Thanks

More about : floppy access

Anonymous
October 1, 2004 12:46:50 PM

Try clearing your "recent documents" list: right-
click "Start" or the task bar, select properties, start
menu tab, customize, advanced tab, "clear list" (near the
bottom.

Mike

Anonymous
October 1, 2004 1:51:13 PM

Thanks, I tried clearing all the MRU's prior to posting,
but tried again anyway and no joy. :0) Friggin thing did
this before and I can't remember how I fixed it. :0)
!