Went to Fry's this afternoon, purchased the above items.
Got them installed and working, booted up first thing. no
problems at all except my PC does not seem to be
operating at a speed I think it should be.
My problem with this thinking is that I have no idea how to
set the BIOS. Tried different settings, then just put every-
thing to default. Nothing changed but I still would like to
speed the system up if I could. I'm comparing speed now
against an XP 1900 with same model MB.

That sounds about right. Your sempron works best on the 333 mhz bus, but
I beleive the K7VTa3 can only use the 266 mhz but, or is at least set on
that. that is the reason for the slower speed.

claw (redeagle@hominypcc.net) wrote:
: Went to Fry's this afternoon, purchased the above items.
: Got them installed and working, booted up first thing. no
: problems at all except my PC does not seem to be
: operating at a speed I think it should be.
: My problem with this thinking is that I have no idea how to
: set the BIOS. Tried different settings, then just put every-
: thing to default. Nothing changed but I still would like to
: speed the system up if I could. I'm comparing speed now
: against an XP 1900 with same model MB.

Hey,

I got the same deal from Fry's (talk about advertisement) got the
board/cpu combo. I also got a GeForce4 MX 440/MX4000 AGP 64MB video
card, with an Xdreamer case. I turn the pc on, the fan goes, but the
hard drive does not spin. HERE'S THE KICKER! When i disconnect the IDE
cable but leave the power SUPPLY in the Hard drive and turn the
computer back on, the hard drive tries to boot and i get no video.
It's like the mobo disables the IDE cable when plugged into the hard
drive.

PLEASE HELP!! :?:

ronald_t_fowler@homedepot-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (Solidkente) wrote in

> Hey,
>
> I got the same deal from Fry's (talk about advertisement) got the
> board/cpu combo. I also got a GeForce4 MX 440/MX4000 AGP 64MB video
> card, with an Xdreamer case. I turn the pc on, the fan goes, but the
> hard drive does not spin. HERE'S THE KICKER! When i disconnect the IDE
> cable but leave the power SUPPLY in the Hard drive and turn the
> computer back on, the hard drive tries to boot and i get no video.
> It's like the mobo disables the IDE cable when plugged into the hard
> drive.
>
> PLEASE HELP!! :?:

Get a better power supply.

Try clearing the motherboard bios.