See preceding post (Sempron-)

RTFM!
I did - finally. Got the speed up to snuff
Now I have gone to ECS website, DL'd
the BIOS flash that pertains to upgrading
MB for Sempron. I have flashed many MB's
prior and every time I sweat bullets until
the procedure comes out OK. I really do
not to want to flash this MB if I do not
need to do so but the information leads me
to believe that it may improve performance
if I do. Right now I'm enjoying fairly good
all around service. What is this NG's
opinion?

"claw" <redeagle@hominypcc.net> wrote in news:95h8d.290809$4o.205682
@fed1read01:

> RTFM!
> I did - finally. Got the speed up to snuff
> Now I have gone to ECS website, DL'd
> the BIOS flash that pertains to upgrading
> MB for Sempron. I have flashed many MB's
> prior and every time I sweat bullets until
> the procedure comes out OK. I really do
> not to want to flash this MB if I do not
> need to do so but the information leads me
> to believe that it may improve performance
> if I do. Right now I'm enjoying fairly good
> all around service. What is this NG's
> opinion?

Just flashed my new ECS M/B last night and it went smooth as a baby'S
butt.
I have always kept my system up to date on BIOS changes although I
usually wait a couple Months before I go with a new flash.

Advise anyone who wishes to update their BIOS to follow 2 main rules:

1. Never, but never, attempt to flash an unstable system.

2. Become very familiar with all aspects of the manufacturers flashing
requirements and know the BIOS update. Read, read, and read again!

Have same setup, running great, did you move the two jumpers to increase
board speed to 166mhz from 100mhz, if you just move first one you get 133
mhz, then you can go even further with the bios "power and processor"
adjustments, tried not do clean install, but that didn't work too well. Good
luck.