Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

From reading through everything so far I guess I'm beating a dead horse, But
is there no way that MS could do up a driver for the older hardware?

I have gone to control panel and tried to add the joystick, But XP keeps on
saying it is not connected. However if i connect the joystick to my old PC
with win 98 it works like a dream. But my newer software wont work on 98. Is
it to much to ask for MS to update a driver, or does customer satasfaction
and support not mean a thing anymore unless you buy the newer products ?

You went Start-Control Panel-Game Controllers-Add-SideWinder
Auto-Detect? You also need to make sure the drivers for the MIDI (Game)
port are installed.

-----
Nathan McNulty