XP Home & callerid

I have a HP Pavilion a450y that will be used as a office
machine. It needs to answer the phone and accept faxes.
Callerid is a must. I have tried two modems that are fax
and callerid ready and loaded five different versions of
software to answer the phone but NONE show callerid. The
machine does not have Media center as far as I know..Can
anyone help?? The phone answering system works OK on a
Win. 98 SE machine.. Gary

Gary - GMH Systems wrote:

> I have a HP Pavilion a450y that will be used as a office
> machine. It needs to answer the phone and accept faxes.
> Callerid is a must. I have tried two modems that are fax
> and callerid ready and loaded five different versions of
> software to answer the phone but NONE show callerid. The
> machine does not have Media center as far as I know..Can
> anyone help?? The phone answering system works OK on a
> Win. 98 SE machine.. Gary

You haven't provided enough information. What fax software are you
using? Why is caller ID a "must"? Explain what you're trying to do and
how you're trying to do it.