smith

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2003

well i bought a USB 2 card from ebay it works fine and installs but it
doesn't allow my card reader to work @ USB 2 speeds, and now i have wasted
money getting that when all along it must be bios settings or drivers and
not hardware !!!

anyone any ideas at all

dan

"smith" <none@none.com> wrote in

> well i bought a USB 2 card from ebay it works fine and installs but it
> doesn't allow my card reader to work @ USB 2 speeds, and now i have
> wasted money getting that when all along it must be bios settings or
> drivers and not hardware !!!
>
> anyone any ideas at all
>
> dan

Just tuning in here so pardon me if this has been previously discussed.

1. Have you ever had the card reader working at USB2.0?
Some of those cheap ones were advertised as USB2.0 compatable but have
never seen that speed.
2. Are you using an extender cable?
Many extender cables will degrade the speed to the point that a device
will drop back to 1.1.
3. Did the drivers load smoothly for the USB2.0 card?
Some cards are very finicky about their drivers. Especially the VIA Chip
series. In fact, I have had to remove and reload drivers several times
before they finally loaded properly.

HTH, Good luck.

smith

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2003

> Just tuning in here so pardon me if this has been previously discussed.
>
> 1. Have you ever had the card reader working at USB2.0?
> Some of those cheap ones were advertised as USB2.0 compatable but have
> never seen that speed.

yes on my 755-a on its own for without a USB 2 card, i do not know why it
suddenly worked

> 2. Are you using an extender cable?
> Many extender cables will degrade the speed to the point that a device
> will drop back to 1.1.

i have a cable, tried it without to see, still "this device would be faster
if you plugged it into a usb 2.0 port"

> 3. Did the drivers load smoothly for the USB2.0 card?
> Some cards are very finicky about their drivers. Especially the VIA Chip
> series. In fact, I have had to remove and reload drivers several times
> before they finally loaded properly.

windows installed them, came with a disk and have found its a NEC 1 but the
drivers on the CD do not work with it in NEC mode :(

> HTH, Good luck.

haven't a f**ing clue dude. do u ?