K7S5A and XP2400+ PC133

Hi,

I currently have xp1600+ and 760Mb of PC133 RAM sitting on my K7S5A
rev1 board. I am after a cheap upgrade to XP2400+ or XP2600+. I can
get both CPUs in 266Mhz flavour. Is my mainboard(with latest bios)
going to run ok with XP2600+ and PC133 RAM. Is anyone here running
PC133 with these CPUs. I have 500W PSU, and a lot of cooling fans.

Thanks!
4 answers Last reply
More about k7s5a xp2400 pc133
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    snajper wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I currently have xp1600+ and 760Mb of PC133 RAM sitting on my K7S5A
    > rev1 board. I am after a cheap upgrade to XP2400+ or XP2600+. I can
    > get both CPUs in 266Mhz flavour. Is my mainboard(with latest bios)
    > going to run ok with XP2600+ and PC133 RAM. Is anyone here running
    > PC133 with these CPUs. I have 500W PSU, and a lot of cooling fans.
    >
    > Thanks!

    Either of the CPUs should be fine on this board with a recent BIOS and your
    big PSU. You will need a Palomino or Thorobred PSU, running as you say at
    266mhz.

    --
    Remove ".invalid" and replace with ".co.uk" to reply
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    snajper wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I currently have xp1600+ and 760Mb of PC133 RAM sitting on my K7S5A
    >> rev1 board. I am after a cheap upgrade to XP2400+ or XP2600+. I can
    >> get both CPUs in 266Mhz flavour. Is my mainboard(with latest bios)
    >> going to run ok with XP2600+ and PC133 RAM. Is anyone here running
    >> PC133 with these CPUs. I have 500W PSU, and a lot of cooling fans.
    >>
    >> Thanks!

    Hi snajper,
    on the ver 3.1 it works fine when the BIOS is not too old, for the ver 1.1
    you search the ECS archives below
    http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWeb/Downloads/Archive_Download.aspx?CategoryID=1&MenuID=45&LanID=0
    i've upgraded some puters with those processors.
    In the BIOSsetup during the startup you can adjust the processor- and
    memoryspeed to 133 each,
    success Jan
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    No problems with my 2400+ cpu and 760 mb of pc133...

    Mick

    "Ikke01" <javadoGEEN@HOOFDLETTERShome.nl> wrote in message
    > snajper wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I currently have xp1600+ and 760Mb of PC133 RAM sitting on my K7S5A
    >>> rev1 board. I am after a cheap upgrade to XP2400+ or XP2600+. I can
    >>> get both CPUs in 266Mhz flavour. Is my mainboard(with latest bios)
    >>> going to run ok with XP2600+ and PC133 RAM. Is anyone here running
    >>> PC133 with these CPUs. I have 500W PSU, and a lot of cooling fans.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks!
    >
    > Hi snajper,
    > on the ver 3.1 it works fine when the BIOS is not too old, for the ver 1.1
    > you search the ECS archives below
    > http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWeb/Downloads/Archive_Download.aspx?CategoryID=1&MenuID=45&LanID=0
    > i've upgraded some puters with those processors.
    > In the BIOSsetup during the startup you can adjust the processor- and
    > memoryspeed to 133 each,
    > success Jan

  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    is it still possible to acquire such chips?
    "Mick B." <gragravar@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > No problems with my 2400+ cpu and 760 mb of pc133...
    >
    > Mick
    >
    > "Ikke01" <javadoGEEN@HOOFDLETTERShome.nl> wrote in message

    >> Hi snajper,
    >> on the ver 3.1 it works fine when the BIOS is not too old, for the ver
    >> 1.1
    >> you search the ECS archives below
    >> http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWeb/Downloads/Archive_Download.aspx?CategoryID=1&MenuID=45&LanID=0
    >> i've upgraded some puters with those processors.
    >> In the BIOSsetup during the startup you can adjust the processor- and
    >> memoryspeed to 133 each,
    >> success Jan

Elitegroup RAM CPUs Motherboards