K7S5A and XP2400+ PC133

Hi,

I currently have xp1600+ and 760Mb of PC133 RAM sitting on my K7S5A
rev1 board. I am after a cheap upgrade to XP2400+ or XP2600+. I can
get both CPUs in 266Mhz flavour. Is my mainboard(with latest bios)
going to run ok with XP2600+ and PC133 RAM. Is anyone here running
PC133 with these CPUs. I have 500W PSU, and a lot of cooling fans.

Thanks!

snajper wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I currently have xp1600+ and 760Mb of PC133 RAM sitting on my K7S5A
> rev1 board. I am after a cheap upgrade to XP2400+ or XP2600+. I can
> get both CPUs in 266Mhz flavour. Is my mainboard(with latest bios)
> going to run ok with XP2600+ and PC133 RAM. Is anyone here running
> PC133 with these CPUs. I have 500W PSU, and a lot of cooling fans.
>
> Thanks!

Either of the CPUs should be fine on this board with a recent BIOS and your
big PSU. You will need a Palomino or Thorobred PSU, running as you say at
266mhz.

--
Remove ".invalid" and replace with ".co.uk" to reply

snajper wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I currently have xp1600+ and 760Mb of PC133 RAM sitting on my K7S5A
>> rev1 board. I am after a cheap upgrade to XP2400+ or XP2600+. I can
>> get both CPUs in 266Mhz flavour. Is my mainboard(with latest bios)
>> going to run ok with XP2600+ and PC133 RAM. Is anyone here running
>> PC133 with these CPUs. I have 500W PSU, and a lot of cooling fans.
>>
>> Thanks!

Hi snajper,
on the ver 3.1 it works fine when the BIOS is not too old, for the ver 1.1
you search the ECS archives below
http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWeb/Downloads/Archive_Download.aspx?CategoryID=1&MenuID=45&LanID=0
i've upgraded some puters with those processors.
In the BIOSsetup during the startup you can adjust the processor- and
memoryspeed to 133 each,
success Jan

No problems with my 2400+ cpu and 760 mb of pc133...

Mick

"Ikke01" <javadoGEEN@HOOFDLETTERShome.nl> wrote in message
> snajper wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I currently have xp1600+ and 760Mb of PC133 RAM sitting on my K7S5A
>>> rev1 board. I am after a cheap upgrade to XP2400+ or XP2600+. I can
>>> get both CPUs in 266Mhz flavour. Is my mainboard(with latest bios)
>>> going to run ok with XP2600+ and PC133 RAM. Is anyone here running
>>> PC133 with these CPUs. I have 500W PSU, and a lot of cooling fans.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>
> Hi snajper,
> on the ver 3.1 it works fine when the BIOS is not too old, for the ver 1.1
> you search the ECS archives below
> http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWeb/Downloads/Archive_Download.aspx?CategoryID=1&MenuID=45&LanID=0
> i've upgraded some puters with those processors.
> In the BIOSsetup during the startup you can adjust the processor- and
> memoryspeed to 133 each,
> success Jan

is it still possible to acquire such chips?