Pioneer DVD-RW

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.mshardware.product (More info?)

I have the Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-104 installed on my PC. I haven't used this
much but now that I need to it doesn't work right. I also have a DVD-ROM
drive.

I put in a CD-RW that I had previously written to, right-clicked on the
drive and chose "InstantWrite CDRW Format" and it runs and runs and the
progress bar gets almost to the very end and it keeps churning away.

I could not get it to stop. I tried to do a restart and it hung up. So I
opened the DVD-ROM drive and it restarted (strange).

Then I went to Pioneer's website and downloaded some updated firmware (they
didn't have any new drivers). I installed that and rebooted, and now I
can't even get the format dialog box to open up. It just ignores me.

I am able to write, but formatting seems to be causing me problems.

Is there anything else I need to do to get this to work?

TIA,
Debbie

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.mshardware.product (More info?)

What DVD burning software are you using.
www.coribright.com

"DebbieG" <debbieg@accessus-REMOVE-THIS-.net> wrote in message
>I have the Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-104 installed on my PC. I haven't used this
> much but now that I need to it doesn't work right. I also have a DVD-ROM
> drive.
>
> I put in a CD-RW that I had previously written to, right-clicked on the
> drive and chose "InstantWrite CDRW Format" and it runs and runs and the
> progress bar gets almost to the very end and it keeps churning away.
>
> I could not get it to stop. I tried to do a restart and it hung up. So I
> opened the DVD-ROM drive and it restarted (strange).
>
> Then I went to Pioneer's website and downloaded some updated firmware
> (they
> didn't have any new drivers). I installed that and rebooted, and now I
> can't even get the format dialog box to open up. It just ignores me.
>
> I am able to write, but formatting seems to be causing me problems.
>
> Is there anything else I need to do to get this to work?
>
> TIA,
> Debbie

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.mshardware.product (More info?)

I suppose it's called InstantWrite.

What DVD burning software are you using.
www.coribright.com

"DebbieG" <debbieg@accessus-REMOVE-THIS-.net> wrote in message
>I have the Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-104 installed on my PC. I haven't used this
> much but now that I need to it doesn't work right. I also have a DVD-ROM
> drive.
>
> I put in a CD-RW that I had previously written to, right-clicked on the
> drive and chose "InstantWrite CDRW Format" and it runs and runs and the
> progress bar gets almost to the very end and it keeps churning away.
>
> I could not get it to stop. I tried to do a restart and it hung up. So I
> opened the DVD-ROM drive and it restarted (strange).
>
> Then I went to Pioneer's website and downloaded some updated firmware
> (they
> didn't have any new drivers). I installed that and rebooted, and now I
> can't even get the format dialog box to open up. It just ignores me.
>
> I am able to write, but formatting seems to be causing me problems.
>
> Is there anything else I need to do to get this to work?
>
> TIA,
> Debbie

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.mshardware.product (More info?)

It's not one I've heard of but you might want to try uninstalling and
reinstalling the InstantWrite software.